+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying in April getting married in June.

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I am planning to apply for my citizenship on April, although I am getting married in June, our plan is to hypen my fiancé's last name on mine. Do I have to submit a certificate of change of name? would it be okay for me to submit my application in April or Just wait after our wedding and after i change my last name? Thank you!

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hi,
I am planning to apply for my citizenship on April, although I am getting married in June, our plan is to hypen my fiancé's last name on mine. Do I have to submit a certificate of change of name? would it be okay for me to submit my application in April or Just wait after our wedding and after i change my last name? Thank you!
I believe u can request a name change during the process so send ur app and once u change ur name send a name change certificate to update ur file

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe u can request a name change during the process so send ur app and once u change ur name send a name change certificate to update ur file
Thank you!.. also, application is only through mail right, no online application?

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hi,
I would suggest that you get married , do the name change part and then only apply for citizenship. There are many who went to change name after sending their application and today waiting for months together since their case is non-routine.
You post a new thread with title Should I change name before or after sending Citizenship application. You will get response of all those in the forum who got stuck up.

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would suggest that you get married , do the name change part and then only apply for citizenship. There are many who went to change name after sending their application and today waiting for months together since their case is non-routine.
You post a new thread with title Should I change name before or after sending Citizenship application. You will get response of all those in the forum who got stuck up.

Thanks for advice :) i'd write that post ;)

Novia2018

Sep 8, 2018
Hi,

Keep your maiden name for the citizenship process and change it when you are applying for your passport. That was the advice given to me by the immigration officer.