+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying for csq right after graduating from a school in ON

biker43455

Oct 24, 2015
hi there,
I was wondering if I can apply for CSQ right after graduating from 3 years bachelor of science , without any experience.
When I do the questionnaire online ... it does say that I am eligible.

What are you thoughts ? any experience ?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you calculated your points? Links to the points grid & Area of training list in my sig.

You need minimum 49 if you are single, 57 if you have a spouse.

biker43455

Oct 24, 2015
Lammawitch said:
Have you calculated your points? Links to the points grid & Area of training list in my sig.

You need minimum 49 if you are single, 57 if you have a spouse.
Yes I did. It seems like I have enough points without any professional experience. Do you know anyone who applied with the same situation and was able to get his CSQ?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not personally, no. However, it's the points that matter. If you meet the minimum thresholds, and want to settle in QC, why not prepare to apply once the program opens?

biker43455

Oct 24, 2015
Lammawitch said:
Not personally, no. However, it's the points that matter. If you meet the minimum thresholds, and want to settle in QC, why not prepare to apply once the program opens?
I am a bit confused about the process.... you said ' when the program opens. why can't I apply at any time ?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The QSW program isn't open at the moment, unless you are in one of the following categories:

Submitting an application

Applications submitted during the next application intake period must be sent using the new online tool, which will be available by the end of 2015 at the latest.

For more information, consult the page Online tool coming for immigration applicants under the Skilled Worker Program.

If you submit your application outside the intake period, it will be returned to you. However, if you are in one of the following situations, you can submit your application at any time:

you submit an application under the Programme de l’expérience québécoise (Québec experience program);
you have enclosed a valid employment offer with the application for a selection certificate that you submitted under the Regular Skilled Worker Program;
Citizenship and Immigration Canada has informed you that it has agreed to process your application for permanent residence in Canada;
you are a temporary resident and eligible to submit an application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/rules-procedures.html

The title of your thread says "... School in On(tario)" ? Hence why I assumed you might not meet one of the exceptions quoted above.