+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for CEC from Singapore

ninaz24

Sep 13, 2008
Hi, Has anyone applied for PR under the Canadian Experience Class from Singapore? I just want to know how long it takes.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC has only been around since sometime last fall. I don't think they have completed anybody yet.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No expert, just spend too much time on this board. Originally I came here to ask a question and then realized I could answer some ppls questions and some I've learned from other people along the way. Nobody here is an expert and nobody knows everything except maybe PMM.

ninaz24

Sep 13, 2008
Oh i see. thanks for your help though. I think you;re doing a good thing by helping ppl in here. I had other quesitons, I dont know if you would know the answer to that. I had asked about it in my other post but got no response. See, I am currently looking for a job and was hoping to send my papers to Buffalo sometime this month or maybe next. Now if after I send my papers, I leave and go back to Asia, what happens to my application? Will Buffalo still process it?

My next question. I had a work permit to work for my previous employer. They had two hotels so they asked me to help out with the 2nd hotel as well it opened. So now my work permit says i can work for hotel A, same employer as hotel B, but i have 2 T4's. Will that be an issue with CIC?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know but I think for the first one as long as you had the right to apply in Buffalo in the first place they will process it but you have to let them know that you moved so they can get in touch.

The 2nd one, I don't think it's an issue. My employer has two companies also and he transfers people between them left and right and half of them are TFW's and it doesn't seem to be a problem.

ninaz24

Sep 13, 2008
Ok thanks for the quick response Leon. I was so stressed about this because of the 2 t4's. I guess I will just explain that to them in a cover letter. That would do. Now i have to take IELTS. that would be the general one right?