+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Canadian permanent residency If I'm a lawful resident of U.S.

eshwar

Feb 12, 2008
Hello all,

I was just informed that if I had had a legal status in the country I'm residing currently I can apply for permanent residency in Canada. I reside in the united states for more than one year and my status is F-1 (student visa).when I enquired the canadian consulate in Buffalo they gave me some vague information on the additional documents I need to submit.But I need to know all the information regarding this because I don't have any work experience and I cannot go through the simplified application process,so I don't know what are the forms to be submitted.All I know is I can apply through the regular process.If there is anyone in my situation please jelp me out by letting me know how should I get started.Also How much in total do I have to spend for the complete process.Please help me out pals.

Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

eshwar said:
Hello all,

I was just informed that if I had had a legal status in the country I'm residing currently I can apply for permanent residency in Canada. I reside in the united states for more than one year and my status is F-1 (student visa).when I enquired the canadian consulate in Buffalo they gave me some vague information on the additional documents I need to submit.But I need to know all the information regarding this because I don't have any work experience and I cannot go through the simplified application process,so I don't know what are the forms to be submitted.All I know is I can apply through the regular process.If there is anyone in my situation please jelp me out by letting me know how should I get started.Also How much in total do I have to spend for the complete process.Please help me out pals.

Thank you
As a skilled worker applicant with no work experience you won't qualify, so don't waste your money. see: www.cic.gc.ca

PMM

nomlah

Star Member
Feb 10, 2008
eshwar said:
Hello all,

Thank you
Hi,
Try to get atleast one year experience and then apply. It is the only way.

Good Luck,
Webmaster,
http://thinkingofcanada.com
http://study.thinkingofcanada.com