+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied without attestation letter after January 22nd

Dynamo12

Jan 14, 2024
I in the spur of the moment applied for my student permit on January 23rd for a post baccalaureate diploma in accounting program at University of British Columbia, according to an earlier version of the website, it said that even post grad students are exempt, since then even that has changed. Now on gckey my medical shows as updated on Feb 1st and eligibilty review in progress. I am afraid my file might get stuck, is there a way to pull my file out? If I get an attestation letter and submit it using webform before the processing finishes will I be considered?? I am totally panicking right now..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I in the spur of the moment applied for my student permit on January 23rd for a post baccalaureate diploma in accounting program at University of British Columbia, according to an earlier version of the website, it said that even post grad students are exempt, since then even that has changed. Now on gckey my medical shows as updated on Feb 1st and eligibilty review in progress. I am afraid my file might get stuck, is there a way to pull my file out? If I get an attestation letter and submit it using webform before the processing finishes will I be considered?? I am totally panicking right now..
You will get denied since you applied without an attestation letter. You should withdraw your application.

Dynamo12

Jan 14, 2024
You will get denied since you applied without an attestation letter. You should withdraw your application.
Should I withraw or wait for them to either send back the application or deny it, I've heard manually withdrawing further complicates things

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Should I withraw or wait for them to either send back the application or deny it, I've heard manually withdrawing further complicates things
Withdrawing your application should not have any consequences. I would suggest withdrawing the application since you know it will be refused and so you are in the position to send in a new application without having another in process. Also optics are better if you withdraw the application.