+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for PR, AOR not yet received but WP expires tomorrow, what to do?

JAYAORPNP

Aug 30, 2015
URGENT
Hello,
My work permit is expiring on 5th september 2015 , I am nominated by AINP and havent received AOR yet. I am planning to apply for paper application for BOWP but i have no idea what to include in explanation letter.

Can anyone send me an explanation letter to drjaypatel89@yahoo.com
Seniors please help.

Thanks,
Jay

vatandeep singh mann

Aug 6, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I recommend apply for paper based bridging open work permit tonight or tomorrow.. you only applied for PR 5 weeks back and i would expect you to get AOR after another 7-8 weeks considering current timelines.. so if you apply online BOWP it would definitely get processed within the 7-8 weeks and the CIC will not find an AOR on your profile.. and online BOWP will be rejected

Paper based BOWP takes around 8-10 weeks to get processed.. thus we would expect you to have AOR by then on your profile and by the time CIC starts processing your BOWP application they will issue you BOWP if they find AOR on your profile.

So in order to gain maximum time.. so you are sure you get AOR before your BOWP application is processed.. apply paper based and im sure u will get your BOWP.

You cannot apply for BOWP once your current workpermit has expired.. in order to be eligible for BOWP, your existing workpermit has to be valid.. so i suggest apply tonight or tomorrow using paper based application.. I mailed my application 1 day before my PGWP expired and i got my BOWP after almost 2.5 months..

I was in exact similar situaiton and it worked for me.. if u need a letter to send to CIC along with your BOWP application then let me know.. Msg me inbox.
hi bro!
I am in same kind of issue as you have been through. I applied for my paper based pr appication already and it was received on 20 feb 2019 and i am waiting for my AOR.
My pgwp is expiring 26 april 2019. I might not get my AOr by then. So you mention about applying bowp through paper application.

Dec 15, 2020
Hi All,

My Open work permit going to expired tomorrow and I submitted my BOWP Yesterday but i dont get submission confirmation letter yet, is any problem with my implied status or is it ok if i get application confirmation later as i already submitted application before my work permit expired

Thanks,
Ram