+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application out side of canada

Shuang

Feb 8, 2019
Is it mandatory to be in Canada for citizenship application?
what if you have to move out of country for a while, while the PR card is still valid

Shuang

Feb 8, 2019
You need to be present to attend test and Oath. Inbetween while away if you get fingerprint then you can do it from outside Canada too.
Link: https://nationalpardon.org/international-fingerprinting-services/
@KRP, thank you very much. for my case, I was out of country when I submitted the application, then my file was kept in central processing center without moving to local office, I called to ask, then I was advised since they don't know which office to send to, so it's still at central processing center.
then I changed to local address, it has been about a month, the file is still sitting there.
any experience like my case?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
@KRP, thank you very much. for my case, I was out of country when I submitted the application, then my file was kept in central processing center without moving to local office, I called to ask, then I was advised since they don't know which office to send to, so it's still at central processing center.
then I changed to local address, it has been about a month, the file is still sitting there.
any experience like my case?
Even with a local address from the beginning it could still sit at the central office for several months- you are overestimating IRCC’s efficiency

Reactions: EstherBarros