+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for WORK PERMIT made OUTSIDE of Canada

Discussion in 'Foreign Workers' started by simonvee, Feb 6, 2013.

  1. Hi all,

    I am currently in Canada on a working holiday visa and I am renewing my visa (not extend) for another 2 years.
    I have came across an online form called 'Application for Work Permit made OUTSIDE of Canada' on the 'Come to Canada' Wizard. What I want to know is, is this the correct form I must fill out?

    It seems ironic that I am filling out the 'Outside of Canada' form when I am actually residing IN Canada. 50% of my reasoning tells me that it is the correct form because when I give the Letter of Introduction to the Port of Entry Officer for a new visa, I must cross borders e.g. Buffallo. Has anyone filled out this form before? Ie. Application for a work permit made outside of Canada'.
  2. You need to fill another form which is for extend renew inside canada.....search it
  3. Ok, one more time. A "visa" is an ENTRY document. A "permit" says what you can do when you get here. So I'm going to assume you have an International Experience Class work PERMIT, formerly the Working Holiday program.

    But my question to you is on what basis are you applying for another two year permit? If it is through another part of the International Experience Class program called Young Professionals you CANNOT apply for it within Canada. You must apply to the OVERSEAS visa office responsible for the program, likely the same visa office where you got your original IEC permit. These programs are run through DFAIT and NO CIC office in Canada can process them.

    If you are apply for a 2 year work permit because you have a Canadian employer who is hiring you through a positive Labour Market Opinion, only THEN can you apply for a Change of Conditions to your current permit to the office in Vegreville, Alberta, Canada.

Share This Page