+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appeal due residency obligation

dido123

Dec 27, 2014
I applied for PRTD and i gont a refusal,After that we sent them appeal form by fax to the IAD and after 1 week i called them and i got the file number,
Since i cant wait in my country during to the bad situation,I called a Canadian lawyer to help me to get the PRTD based on my file number,
He mentioned that i have only 60 days from the submitting the appeal form and get the file number date to apply for me from inside Canada for the PRTD based on my special case,
Also he sent me the firm to sign it and send it back to him with a payment,
Just i want from you guys to help me and instruct me is that true and how i can get the PRTD before hearing,
NB:I checked in my appeal application that i want to come to Canada on my hearing,

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Have you been on Canadian soil at all in the last year?

I believe if you have not, then the odds are against you that you will be awarded a PRTD.

When was the last time that you were in Canada?

If I were you, I would be wary of sending anyone payment to help me get something that is not a guarantee.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Time is indeed of the essence.

Alurra71 is correct, if you have been in Canada within the previous year you are generally entitled to a special PR TD document allowing you an opportunity to come to Canada to attend your hearing. Otherwise, it is discretionary, and depends in significant part on the extent to which your presence at the hearing is necessary, beyond what can be accomplished via attendance by telephone.

Make sure the lawyer you are paying is a licensed lawyer (not just a consultant).

I lean the other direction about guarantees. Except in the most obvious clear-cut case (one for which a lawyer would ordinarily not even be necessary), I would be more wary of anyone who gives a guarantee. Not likely the application for a PR TD would have been denied in the first place if it was the kind of case a competent, prudent, and judicious lawyer would guarantee.