+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appeal against PR card renewal

Zoyla

Mar 23, 2013
Hi all,
I would really appreciate if any member can share any experince about Appealing in IAD against the decision made outside the Canada for Residency obligation.
In Feb 2013 i applied for my PR renewal application in Canada which i were around month and a half short for residency obligation.So i got a letter from CiC OTTAWA in Aug to have more
inquiries started against me and asked different verification for my stay in Canada which i submitted .In MARCH 2013 i also submitted sponsorship application for my husband and got approval and the file was transferred to my Back home Country.
I went backhome to meet my husband with expired PR card.In July2014 i receive a letter from CiC that they want to interview in person so i should get a Travel document ,which was refused at my Visa office .I have been given the right of appeal and also travel document if IAD feels that my presence is important for the hearing.I appealed and IAD denied any need for my presance in Cnada but they maintain the decision that i can still go to my visa office.AT this point i felt like i am done with them as i also got a letter of withdrwal of my husband's application from CiC stating that i am not qualify to sponsor my husband any more although when i sent a copy of documents showing that i am in IAD.They said they will wait for the Appeal decision.

Now things got unbelievable when in December2014 I got a letter from CiC ETOBICKE showing all the list of document(passport and notice of assessment etc) to come with to pick up new PR card.
When i attached this letter and applied at visa office i got the TD!!!THE paperwork i got from IAD IS ALSO SHOWING THAT ONE year PR card is dispatched at Cic OFFICE TO PICK up.I am coming to Canada soon .Please share any experience ' being in IAD and the possibilty of new Conditional card'?????Thanks a lot

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Zoyla said:
Hi all,
I would really appreciate if any member can share any experince about Appealing in IAD against the decision made outside the Canada for Residency obligation.
In Feb 2013 i applied for my PR renewal application in Canada which i were around month and a half short for residency obligation.So i got a letter from CiC OTTAWA in Aug to have more
inquiries started against me and asked different verification for my stay in Canada which i submitted .In MARCH 2013 i also submitted sponsorship application for my husband and got approval and the file was transferred to my Back home Country.
I went backhome to meet my husband with expired PR card.In July2014 i receive a letter from CiC that they want to interview in person so i should get a Travel document ,which was refused at my Visa office .I have been given the right of appeal and also travel document if IAD feels that my presence is important for the hearing.I appealed and IAD denied any need for my presance in Cnada but they maintain the decision that i can still go to my visa office.AT this point i felt like i am done with them as i also got a letter of withdrwal of my husband's application from CiC stating that i am not qualify to sponsor my husband any more although when i sent a copy of documents showing that i am in IAD.They said they will wait for the Appeal decision.

Now things got unbelievable when in December2014 I got a letter from CiC ETOBICKE showing all the list of document(passport and notice of assessment etc) to come with to pick up new PR card.
When i attached this letter and applied at visa office i got the TD!!!THE paperwork i got from IAD IS ALSO SHOWING THAT ONE year PR card is dispatched at Cic OFFICE TO PICK up.I am coming to Canada soon .Please share any experience ' being in IAD and the possibilty of new Conditional card'?????Thanks a lot
1. As you were in Canada in prior year before your PR/TD card was refused you are entitled to a 1 year PR card to allow you to attend your appeal. It doesn't mean that your PR has been restored, it only means that you can return to Canada for your appeal.

Zoyla

Mar 23, 2013
Thanks a lot for the comment .
Actually my confusion is that the copy of Record i got from IAD on Nov2014 is showing that on 31st of Oct the PR Card is sent to CiC Etobicke to pick up.
I applied for PRTD on 2nd Feb 2015 after i got the letter from CiC on NOV20th .So for sure when i got the letter from CIC (that shows that at the time of getting new card i should bring all the pertaining documents)It never states anything that i am getting any conditional card but my Record history is showing that it is 1YEAR PR CARD.
Actually i am not interested any more going after appeal my intension is that if i get a chance to establish myself again in CANADA and if i can get my HUSBAND'Sapplication REINSTATE after if i get my PR CARD only then i want to come back otherwise might be we apply again for immigeration.My PRTD is good for two months that is why i want to make an informed decision .
Thanks in advance for your time.
Zubia

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Zoyla said:
Thanks a lot for the comment .
Actually my confusion is that the copy of Record i got from IAD on Nov2014 is showing that on 31st of Oct the PR Card is sent to CiC Etobicke to pick up.
I applied for PRTD on 2nd Feb 2015 after i got the letter from CiC on NOV20th .So for sure when i got the letter from CIC (that shows that at the time of getting new card i should bring all the pertaining documents)It never states anything that i am getting any conditional card but my Record history is showing that it is 1YEAR PR CARD.
Actually i am not interested any more going after appeal my intension is that if i get a chance to establish myself again in CANADA and if i can get my HUSBAND'Sapplication REINSTATE after if i get my PR CARD only then i want to come back otherwise might be we apply again for immigeration.My PRTD is good for two months that is why i want to make an informed decision .
Thanks in advance for your time.
Zubia
1. It appears that you don't grasp that you have lost your PR status. If you don't attend the appeal or lose, you will be removed from Canada.
2 CIC will NOT re-instate your sponsorshiip as it has bee refused, and as you no longer have PR status you are not eligible to submit a sponsorship until the IAD makes a decision on your appeal.