+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apostasy, fear of persecution.

Inkhaurt

Feb 16, 2017
Hello,

I am a 25 years old Saudi citizen and in fear of being executed for changing my religion from Islam to a belief system called 'Deism'. As soon as a Saudi court realizes what I believe in, they will build a case against me and lock me up. Then, give me 3 days to "Repent" or else my life is at the mercy of a sword.

I am willing to sell my car then purchase a one-way ticket to Toronto-Canada. I prefer Canada since I had lived there as a student for 3 years. Can I seek or claim asylum as soon as I land in Toronto at Pearson International Airport? Is there anything I need to do at first? Maybe send some documents and such to CIC??

Sincerely and Fearfully,

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Has anyone actually persecuted you at this point? Do you have documented proof? Police reports, hospital reports, criminal investigations, court orders? Do you have a TRV?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Inkhaurt said:
Hello,

I am a 25 years old Saudi citizen and in fear of being executed for changing my religion from Islam to a belief system called 'Deism'. As soon as a Saudi court realizes what I believe in, they will build a case against me and lock me up. Then, give me 3 days to "Repent" or else my life is at the mercy of a sword.

I am willing to sell my car then purchase a one-way ticket to Toronto-Canada. I prefer Canada since I had lived there as a student for 3 years. Can I seek or claim asylum as soon as I land in Toronto at Pearson International Airport? Is there anything I need to do at first? Maybe send some documents and such to CIC??

Sincerely and Fearfully,
You'll need to apply for and successfully obtain a TRV (tourist visa) before you will be able to travel to Canada to claim asylum. You will need to buy a two way ticket. Your airline won't let you board the plane with just a one way ticket.

Agreed that to successfully prove your case, you will need to provide hard evidence that you have been persecuted.

Inkhaurt

Feb 16, 2017
Buletruck said:
Has anyone actually persecuted you at this point? Do you have documented proof? Police reports, hospital reports, criminal investigations, court orders? Do you have a TRV?
No, but when the authorities find out, they will chop my head off. Then I won't be able to seek asylum at all. Because I will be dead 6 feet below.

Inkhaurt

Feb 16, 2017
In conclusion, what you guys suggest is pure suicide. You mean I should show myself to the people that want to kill me, paint a red target on my back, tell them that I converted or denounced my old religion, surround myself with death, bring myself to the authorities for them to detain me, make me beg for my life.......just to get hard proof that I'm being persecuted?????? .......... Or die alone with my beliefs kept to myself, without friends because they would be ashamed of me, without parents because they would disown me, without a wife because who wants to marry a guy who does not pray and does not fast in Ramadan and does not go to pilgrimage to Mekka, and eventually with a fate of dying in a public execution......... If the authorities will not find about me now, they will sure find me out later. They will execute me, then I will not be able to seek refuge at all.

Will I be needing this solid proof in order to seek asylum in the airport? If so, how do I obtain the proof? Do I really need to put myself in danger just in order to get help?? Saudi Arabia still imposes the apostasy law as of today with death penalty for apostates. Maybe the proof that I need?

Inkhaurt

Feb 16, 2017
HalfRussianHalfJordanian said:
there are many claims that Muslims leave their religion but you need prove that and prove that you are persecuted
How do I prove that? I simply just can't put my life in danger to prove that I am a deist.

Inkhaurt

Feb 16, 2017
scylla said:
You'll need to apply for and successfully obtain a TRV (tourist visa) before you will be able to travel to Canada to claim asylum. You will need to buy a two way ticket. Your airline won't let you board the plane with just a one way ticket.

Agreed that to successfully prove your case, you will need to provide hard evidence that you have been persecuted.
d How do I obtain that hard evidence?? It seems like the only way to legitimize my claim is to announce leaving Islam. If I do that, sure I will get the evidence. However, I will apprehended and held..... Even Muslim rights activists here are arrested and framed for apostasy in order to justify killing them.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Well surely the first thing is to leave Saudi Arabia for any country at all whether that is Canada or anywhere else then assess your options. Not sure anyone here can help to show whether you are being persecuted or not and as you say highlighting anything to the authorities is not a viable option but maybe leaving the country first is.

Inkhaurt

Feb 16, 2017
Bs65 said:
Well surely the first thing is to leave Saudi Arabia for any country at all whether that is Canada or anywhere else then assess your options. Not sure anyone here can help to show whether you are being persecuted or not and as you say highlighting anything to the authorities is not a viable option but maybe leaving the country first is.
Let's say I leave the country to Canada. I arrive at Pearson International Airport. I approach an immigration officer and tell them my situation. If they asked for the proof of persecution, as the gentlemen above stated that I should need, and I don't possess it. What happens after that? Will I be shipped back to my country with a denied claim?

Inkhaurt

Feb 16, 2017
Bs65 said:
I just need a confirmation of what happens after I make my claim without the proof of persecution. Will they deny the claim or carry on without the proof but with more extensive sylum status procedures?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You can make a claim at the airport. After that the IRB will review your case and determine if you are in fact a refugee or a person in need of protection. This is where the documentation comes into play. If they find you are not a refugee, they will issue a removal order. You can appeal, but again, unless you have the proof, you are unlikely to win. Sorry to sound so negative, but the cold reality is, anyone anywhere could say that X is persecuting me and claim refugee status. Without proof, there is always a risk of deportation.

I found this case that is similar on Canlii. There are some similarities, but you can research on Canlii yourself for similar findings.

https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc/2014/2014canlii19381/2014canlii19381.html

Inkhaurt

Feb 16, 2017
Re: Apostasy, fear of persecution

Buletruck said:
You can make a claim at the airport. After that the IRB will review your case and determine if you are in fact a refugee or a person in need of protection. This is where the documentation comes into play. If they find you are not a refugee, they will issue a removal order. You can appeal, but again, unless you have the proof, you are unlikely to win. Sorry to sound so negative, but the cold reality is, anyone anywhere could say that X is persecuting me and claim refugee status. Without proof, there is always a risk of deportation.

I found this case that is similar on Canlii. There are some similarities, but you can research on Canlii yourself for similar findings.
Correct me if I'm wrong. From what I understood from the document is that the claimee lied about some things which ultimately led her claim into being rejected?

What I understood

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Don't know if I would say she lied, but lacked credibility to make her claim. There are a multitude of cases on the Canlii site (just look for the ones with the appellants name is "x"). The overriding factor seems to be lack of credible evidence in any of the appeals that are rejected.
Again, a successful claim is highly dependent on the proof provided by the applicant. The burden is on you to convince them you are genuine.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you were talking about arresting. You might search of following:
1. A specific law in your country that states what does happen to those who changed religion to any other or became atheists.

2. You will need a valid proof that you have changed religion. (for example if you become christian, you can get some official document stating that you were babtised).

3. Once outside SA, you need some proofs that you are persecuted for your religion (for example some kind of arresting papers stating that you are wanted and will be arrested because of suspition of being apostate).

And remember, rejection of your family and friends are not enough proof.

You can also investigate if ever you can meet criteria of normal ecnomic immigration program (in that case you would keep your beliefs for yourself a little bit longer and pass the process and once in Canada, you will just forget about your country.)

good luck