17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
harmanm said:
hey Baji

i am confused aswell.......

My status before was your app is in process. next step is to conduct background check and today it changed to Background check is in Progress.
it never went to NA NN or NS.

Do you have any idea about this?
There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping.

Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion.

Prior to March 7, CIC used to maintain the below BG status.
1. Not needed at this time (NN)
2. Not Started (NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows.

1. Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN)
2. Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don't get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I'm using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP
Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.
Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Regarding at what stage BG will change??

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.

Hope it helps you and the people who wants some clarity on BG status.

harmanm

Star Member
Nov 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Baji81 said:
There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping.

Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion.

2. Not Started (NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

3. In Progress (IP)

People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don't get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I'm using new status words for your reference.

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.

wow Baji..first things first..thanks a lot for such a neat explanation...its really beneficial for everybody here...

So according to your explanation..it seems my file is in IP(2) because...

1. It looks like my file is following Trend 2...as i had submitted my RCMP report along with my initial application.
2. I got an email yesterday about my visa office. That said your file is being processed at Case Processing Centre Ottawa. and before it was at Vegreville,Alberta.

Hopefully this should be my IP(2).

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
harmanm said:
wow Baji..first things first..thanks a lot for such a neat explanation...its really beneficial for everybody here...

1. It looks like my file is following Trend 2...as i had submitted my RCMP report along with my initial application.
2. I got an email yesterday about my visa office. That said your file is being processed at Case Processing Centre Ottawa. and before it was at Vegreville,Alberta.

Then be ready for PPR. You can expect anytime soon. Please keep an eye on SPAM and PROMOTIONS folders. We both are in the same boat. ;)

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
you guys should all take up jobs as immigration consultants. All this analysis on R10 V10 V12. it all flew past my head :-\

Also seems all lawyers are shit anyway judging by threads here

harmanm

Star Member
Nov 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
lifein360 said:
you guys should all take up jobs as immigration consultants. All this analysis on R10 V10 V12. it all flew past my head :-\
hahahaa..so true....but what i appreciate about this forum is you do not need to hire any consultant... :) best part...

harmanm

Star Member
Nov 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Baji81 said:
Then be ready for PPR. You can expect anytime soon. Please keep an eye on SPAM and PROMOTIONS folders. We both are in the same boat. ;)
fingers crossed...evrytime i c a notification of email...i am like...time has come...lol...hahahaa

Yeah making sure nothing gets to trash..checking emails regularly...

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
harmanm said:
hahahaa..so true....but what i appreciate about this forum is you do not need to hire any consultant... :) best part...
Yeah agreed, I paid $50 just for a consultation and he told me my points (548) was ok and i will need ECA (even though i dont since i have highest canadian edu). It seems they all work on half assed information. Thankfully this forum helped. I see people who just got ITAs asking all these questions that seem silly now, but I remember I had them too in December last year :). Biggest advantage this forum did was made me realize I do not have to declare all my work experience. The EE profile creation never tells you you do not need to declare work experience you aren't claiming points for. I took out all my foreign work experience and just went with canadian 1 year. was more than enough

chandra415

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney -> Mississauga -> NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2019 (App Received Date)
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
File Transfer...
File Transfer to NDVO: 13-01-2020
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Medicals passed on 11-12-2019
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly
harmanm said:

Baji81 said:
You both getting PPR's tonight :)

+1 for your detailed explanation Baji

Baji81

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
20-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
lifein360 said:

Also seems all lawyers are *censored word* anyway judging by threads here
The best thing I like about the forum, everyone whether newbie or VIP member try to help others with their experience without anticipating anything. Many people will get benefited with different queries and responses. I'm also trying my best to share my versions to others.

All the best to everyone with their PR process.

Reactions: JasmineM

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Baji81 said:

2. Not Started (NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

3. In Progress (IP)

Thank you so much for this detailed info - really appreciate!

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Got Approval today!!

First thing first..thanks to everyone who helps and answer my all queries..from last one yr.
@Asivad @DelPiero07 @nsitnikov @OMG_Chakromakro @Batman_is_Real and many more...

Here is my timeline.
ITA: 22 Dec
AOR: 8 Jan
Medical Passed: 13 Mar (longest 63 days of my life!)
BG: 16 Mar
PPR: 21 Mar (I know, I was also :eek: :eek: )
PP sent: 22 Mar
PP received ottawa: 23 Mar
Application approved: 24 Mar
Return tracker: 24 Mar

Good luck to everyone..PPR is on the way...slow and steady always!!

samanta60

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
IELTS Request
19-02-2017
File Transfer...
23-02-2017
Med's Done....
25-02-2017 (BG IP: 25-02-2017, BG NA: 09-03-2017, BG IP2: 25-03-2017)
Baji81 said:

2. Not Started (NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

3. In Progress (IP)

Hi
Thanks very much for the detailed description.

My BG was NA for 2 weeks and then yesterday I received a message requesting me and my spouse's CV/Resume (I guess they need it to do some security check). I submitted those and am waiting now.

Based on what you said, am I right that My BG will go to IP2 only after they complete whatever check for which they needed our CVs? and it means once I see BG=IP again, it will mean that whatever they needed my CV for, is already done (and I will receive PPR probably very soon after that)? or they will change my BG to IP2 just when they are going to start that security check or whatever?

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Baji81 said:

2. Not Started (NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

3. In Progress (IP)

+1 for this explanation

sanpatel30

Feb 15, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
5/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
18/04/2017
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
28/12/2016
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
LANDED..........
15/07/2017
Baji81 said:

2. Not Started (NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

3. In Progress (IP)

Hi Baji81,
Let's see in my case
AOR 5 th Jan
Medical passed 24th February and BG went in process. After some day I emailed them about visa office then I got reply my file is processing at CPC - Ottawa. And till now it says we are processing your BG. What does it mean?

samanta60

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
IELTS Request
19-02-2017
File Transfer...
23-02-2017
Med's Done....
25-02-2017 (BG IP: 25-02-2017, BG NA: 09-03-2017, BG IP2: 25-03-2017)
Baji8,

There are questions for you here. Please come and help us. :)