+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone who stayed around 1 year out of Canada during Residency?

milo2015

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
Hi all,

Is there anyone who have stayed one year (or little less at one go) out of Canada during residency and after meeting residency requirements applied for Canadian citizenship? How did the interview go? What questions were asked by immigration officer ? How did the experience go? I know police certificates are required as the stay was more than 6 months but is there any other points you would like to add here.

Canadian egyptian

Apr 5, 2019
Me
Hi all,

Is there anyone who have stayed one year (or little less at one go) out of Canada during residency and after meeting residency requirements applied for Canadian citizenship? How did the interview go? What questions were asked by immigration officer ? How did the experience go? I know police certificates are required as the stay was more than 6 months but is there any other points you would like to add here.
Me one year and half
Non problem come for me
Send your security clearance

milo2015

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
Also, what was your purpose of visit if you don't mind me asking? Will family visit be fine or we need to give some strong reason for being out of country for more than 6 months consecutively? like parents ill or any closer family member taking care etc...

Canadian egyptian

Apr 5, 2019
Tell him
Also, what was your purpose of visit if you don't mind me asking? Will family visit be fine or we need to give some strong reason for being out of country for more than 6 months consecutively? like parents ill or any closer family member taking care etc...
Family is your visit
Dont worry
It is ok