+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied online for TWP (for postdoc) and processing time it took

saleemjosh

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Hi,

I got a postdoc job offer from Quebec and applied for TWP online from USA. At the same time, 10 days before our (I & my wife) TWP application submission, we received our TRV.
Basically we have TRV already.
1. I am wondering has any one has experience with TWP application online from USA. How long it takes for processing. I know that on the CIC website it says for NY embassy 4 months and LA embassy 3 months processing for TWP; but no data for online applications.

2. Having TRV already does it help in quick processing of my TWP application? or Does it influence in anyway?

3. As I already applied for work permit online and have TRV, is it possible to get the work permit at the border crossing. I have read in the forum that some people have done this. But I am wondering is it possible. I am from India but living in US with TRV for canada.

4. Is TWP application processing time is quicker for Quebec jobs compared other province work permits?

Any input will be helpful
Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Generally the same processing time would apply as quoted for paper based applications where you can expect may be a week or so's edge considering they do not have to scan all your docs and upload to create a file.

Only the people from countries which DO NOT REQUIRE a trv to enter canada, are allowed to obtain work permit at the border. I don't think that applies to you.

I really don't think province matters in terms of work permit application processing time. It might have an impact on LMO but not this.

saleemjosh

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Dear Fkl,

Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it. So I see my application processing in around 3 months.

Saleemjosh