+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody have a sample of declaration of status from friends?

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
London/St. Thomas for now...
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
As in a letter declaring that we are together and that our relationship is true?

As is required in the checklist: "And atleast two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing."

Just wondering if you guys are just letting your 'aquaintences' know what is required and then go for that.

AND do these declarations need to be notarized...
Cheers
H.

elkan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2010
AOR Received.
23-11-2010
Passport Req..
13-05-2011
Hi there,
My partner and I had the following:
3 letters notarized: We asked our family to write how they knew me (the sponsor) when they met my partner, and their feeling or how they knew we were in a genuine relationship. They included what they witnessed. My mom wrote one and talked about what she witnessed when he lived with us here in Canada and how she loved him as her son, etc...

We also asked for e-mails from our close friends as well. In total we sent in about 15.

Here is a example of what my friend/co-worker wrote as one of our email ones.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing this letter in support of xxxx and xxxxx’s Family Class application, and to provide documentary evidence of their relationship as a couple.

I have been a co-worker and friend of xxxx for three years. I became aware of her relationship with xxxxx in the spring of 2009, when she told me that she had met someone that she was romantically interested in, and shared many interests and values with. During this time, she spoke often of him, describing their growing relationship and all the possibilities the future might hold.
Since then, I have had the privilege of getting to know xxxxx and watching their relationship grow first-hand. As a couple, they have engaged in several activities and social functions. xxxx and xxxxx have been guests at my home on more than one occasion, and have stayed overnight as a couple in my spare bedroom.
xxxx has also described to me their many email conversations and visits back and forth. Both xxxx and xxxxx have quite obviously made a strong commitment to their relationship. I also know this to be true from my own observations of their interactions with each other. It would be clear for anyone to see that they truly love each other and want to pursue a future together as a couple.
In conclusion, I have no doubts that xxxx and xxxxx are in fact a genuine couple. I believe that your research will also lead you to that same conclusion.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
TheHal said:
As in a letter declaring that we are together and that our relationship is true?

As is required in the checklist: "And atleast two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing."

Just wondering if you guys are just letting your 'aquaintences' know what is required and then go for that.

AND do these declarations need to be notarized...
Cheers
H.
I've posted this a couple times. It is the letter I sent requesting statutory declarations from friends and family. Feel free to use any or all of it if it fits your needs. Two have to be notarized, and the rest I just printed from email and included with our app.

Dear Friends and Family,

As you know I am seeking Permanent Residence status in Ontario, Canada through the Family Class immigration category. I am technically called a "Conjugal Partner" (nice and descriptive, isn't it?) and XXXX is my Sponsor. As part of the immigration application we are required to provide evidence that we are indeed a genuine couple. This includes written correspondence, passport stamps from visits to see each other, plane ticket stubs, photos, etc. We are also required to document the history of our relationship (which was kind of a fun exercise).

An important part of this evidence of genuine coupledom/coupleship, whatever you want to call it, is documentation from family and friends. My brother and his wife have agreed to make sworn testimony on our behalf, but from reading Canadian immigration blogs it appears that the more documentary evidence we can provide from external sources the more likely our application will be approved swiftly, or at least not denied on this basis.

So I am writing today to ask if you would write an email on our behalf and send it to me (or XXXX, if you prefer) by Friday. I realize this request is somewhat vague as to the content of the email, so I've included a list of basic points to cover at the bottom of this message. You are certainly welcome to write more, or less...whatever you are comfortable with putting in writing to support our Family Class application.

For those of you who respond, please accept my heartfelt gratitude for your timely assistance in this matter. For those who chose not to respond for any reason, please know that I accept your decision with much grace and goodwill.

Kindest regards,
Allison

General information to consider including in your message (this can be written in French or in English, by the way)...

1. A description of how you know either one of us (typically the person you knew first)...examples
I am a friend of XXX, I was a co-worker of XXX, I am the sister of XXX, etc

2. A description of how you became aware of our relationship, when you met the other partner, activities we participated in together, etc

3. A statement to the effect that, in your judgement, we are in a real, loving, ongoing, genuine (you choose the words) relationship based on your personal knowledge and experiences

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
London/St. Thomas for now...
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
Thanks all!

It seems I have the idea then. I guess we just have to baffle them with evidence. Our biggest problem is that she is not on utilities or lease, however building superintendet know us by first name, nad can probably add a statement as well.

Cheers
H.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
TheHal said:
Thanks all!

It seems I have the idea then. I guess we just have to baffle them with evidence. Our biggest problem is that she is not on utilities or lease, however building superintendet know us by first name, nad can probably add a statement as well.

Cheers
H.
Yes, if you want evidence that you are living together (without a lease or utilities) ask your super and/or your neighbors if they would be willing to write a statement. Plus if your friends/fmaily know about your living arrangements they can state it as part of their declarations.