+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any applicants from Mexico?

mxinq

May 7, 2008
Hello to everyone:

This is a great source of information. I am so happy I found this forum.
Any applicants from Mexico who can help me? I received a letter from the Canadian Embassy for me to take to the PGR in Mexico City to obtain the police certificate (federal); the letter is addressed to the person in charge. Today, I called PGR (located in Mexico City) to ask them if I needed an appointment to get my fingerprints taken to obtain my police certificate (federal), and they just informed me that they no longer provide the service. They said that the Secretaria de Seguridad Publica is now in charge. I have made numerous phone calls to different entities, to name a few: SSP, local PGR (not the one in Mexico city), Relaciones Exteriores, even the AFI and no one can provide me with the Federal Police Certificate. Has anyone gone through the same problem?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mxinq said:
Hello to everyone:

This is a great source of information. I am so happy I found this forum.
Any applicants from Mexico who can help me? I received a letter from the Canadian Embassy for me to take to the PGR in Mexico City to obtain the police certificate (federal); the letter is addressed to the person in charge. Today, I called PGR (located in Mexico City) to ask them if I needed an appointment to get my fingerprints taken to obtain my police certificate (federal), and they just informed me that they no longer provide the service. They said that the Secretaria de Seguridad Publica is now in charge. I have made numerous phone calls to different entities, to name a few: SSP, local PGR (not the one in Mexico city), Relaciones Exteriores, even the AFI and no one can provide me with the Federal Police Certificate. Has anyone gone through the same problem?
Try sending Mexico city an email, their address is on the web site, and ask for further instructions.

PMM

mxinq

May 7, 2008
Thank you PMM for your relply. After more phone calls and a little clarification on my part, I have found the correct department (same building).

Thank you again.

AlberMex

Star Member
May 8, 2008
Guadalajara Mexico
Hola!

Quien eres?, yo soy Carlos de Guadalajara, quiserea saber como son tus tiempos, cuando aplicaste, cuando te pidieron los documentos...yo ya llevo 18 meses desde AOR, y aun nada.

Saludos.

G

gallegoslara

Yo soy de San Luis Potosi y aplique hace 14 meses, (Federal Skilled Worker) En AOR me dicen que mi aplicacion no sera procesada en 36 meses, asi que todavia tengo tiempo de prepararme, pero me gustaria estar en contacto y compartir informacion que nos concierne ya que estamos en lo mismo.

Saludos

AlberMex

Star Member
May 8, 2008
Guadalajara Mexico
Hola gallegoslara,

Gusto en saludarte. No te confies, porque tu aplicacion va a empezar a ser procesada cuando cumplas 20 meses desde la fecha de AOR, y de ahi a obtener la visa son 6 meses mas. No hagas caso a los 36 meses que dicen la embajada.
Yo ya estoy a 1 o dos meses maximo. A donde te quieres ir?, yo voy a Vancouver.

G

gallegoslara

Que tal albermex:

Pues a mi esposa y a mi nos parece que Vancouver es lo mejor de Canada (Nosotros estuvimos ahi por 15 dias en el 2001), aunque tambien lo mas caro, probablemente escoja Calgary (No muy caro, no muy barato) pero abunda el trabajo, Yo soy contador y Tu a que te dedicas? con quien piensas emigrar?

Es mu grato poder platicar con alguien que tiene algo en comun con uno, te importaria si uso tu e-mail para estar en contacto?

Atte.

Alberto G.

mxinq

May 7, 2008
Hello AlberMex and Gallegoslara,

I am happy to let you know that I received my passport back with the visa. I am from Tamaulipas. I applied as a Skilled Worker (IT)and my timetable is as follows:

AOR - June 06
Supporting documents - Nov. 07
Proof of Funds - Dec. 07
FBI, Police and Medicals requested - April 2008
Passport Request and RPRF - June 08
Passport/visa received - July 08

Thank you and good luck to ALL in this forum.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
mxinq said:
Hello AlberMex and Gallegoslara,

I am happy to let you know that I received my passport back with the visa. I am from Tamaulipas. I applied as a Skilled Worker (IT)and my timetable is as follows:

AOR - June 06
Supporting documents - Nov. 07
Proof of Funds - Dec. 07
FBI, Police and Medicals requested - April 2008
Passport Request and RPRF - June 08
Passport/visa received - July 08

Thank you and good luck to ALL in this forum.

Hola mxing

Congratulations my friend, you did it!!! where do you plan to do your landing? muchas felicidades brother I used to live in Reynosa before I came to Calgary

are you coming along or with your family?

Bienvenido a Canada!!!!!

Saludos
Eduardo

mxinq

May 7, 2008
Hola Eduardo,

Gracias por la bienvenida.

I will be doing my landing in Toronto in about 4 weeks. Voy a ir solo, no familia. I have been doing some research for furnished apartments but the ones I have found are way too expensive or I need to rent the apartment for 1 year minimum. I think my best option would be to rent a furnished room, I have seen some nice ones on the web. The ones I have seen are those family houses where detached/attached private rooms are being rented. This way I will be able to physically visit the apartments before I can commit myself to a 1 year contract without first visiting the place/neighborhood. You think it would be a good idea to hire a realtor in Toronto so he/she can help me find the furnished apartment?

Saludos

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hi mxing

Good for you my friend, so if you are coming along, just take a to look on the news on classifieds, you will find that many people are offering a single room for rent, actually it is a wise way to start, since I guess you don’t have a job there yet, and there are some other expenses that to will face once your arrival, such as the first night(s) hotel, maybe car rental in order for you to be able to look around for housing and job…, Toronto is a big city.

Eventually and based on your income you will be able to chose for an apartment

Suerte mi amigo
Eduardo

imjoe

Star Member
Nov 28, 2007
Bonito ver Mexicanos por aqui.

Nosotros ya recibimos nuestras visas y nos vamos la semana que entra a Vancouver.

La verdad que todo esto vale la pena, pero para los que van empezando mi consejo es que tengan paciencia y mejor dediquense a otras cosas, porque esto tarda tiempo.

Nosotros empezamos en el 2004 y apenas terminamos.

G

gallegoslara

Hey albermex, I'm still waiting to hear from the embassy(16 months and nothing!), how about you?