+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amendment to PGWP - Canada Post misplaced my Work Permit [PLEASE HELP]

karandas.p@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2016
Hello All,

I sent my PGWP to the OSC, Ottawa, and they mentioned that the original application was sent back on the 17th of August 2016.
I did not get anything back, I contacted CIC and they said they could not do anything. Upon contacting canada Post, I was told that since it is regular mail, they cannot do anything and they cannot track it.

I believe it is as good as lost and the worst part is that my original PGWP was in that application.

These people just raise their hands in the air and say that they cannot do anything.

What do i do now?

I want to apply for a TRV because I want to go home and visit my family, but the application requires a scanned copy of the work permit.
(I have a photocopy - but will that do? I dont think so!)

Please help me!!
Karan

roger_4ever

Sep 20, 2016
OMG worst situation ever... An CIC officer made a mistake on our visas but we need to suffer from this amendment process and Canada Post mailing system...

CIC received my amendment application on Aug 16th and it's still incomplete. Would you please tell me how long did they process your application? In addition, is there any update on your case now? I think you can either 1. ask OSC to resend your work permit again or 2. File an application to replace your lost PGWP...

But I completely understand how you feel now... It's September now and you may even already get job offers, but this trouble is not going to be solved for another month...