+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I exempted from the test?

shaheen

Star Member
Oct 29, 2007
Hi There,
I am over 55.I just checked my application status, it says " We have sent you a test notice on 8th of May and you have your citizenship test on May 25th.I was assuming since I am in late 50's so I am not supposed to write a test.Also, once I called back in November, so the agent said you are exempt from the test. Does anyone have any suggestion what to do in this situation?

I highly appreciate any response!

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hi There,
I am over 55.I just checked my application status, it says " We have sent you a test notice on 8th of May and you have your citizenship test on May 25th.I was assuming since I am in late 50's so I am not supposed to write a test.Also, once I called back in November, so the agent said you are exempt from the test. Does anyone have any suggestion what to do in this situation?

It says test but in reality it will be an interview just to check ur documents. Onxw u go there u will be directly taken to interview room as opposed to under 55 who needs to write tesst before interview

Reactions: dpenabill

shaheen

Star Member
Oct 29, 2007
Thank you so much for a prompt reply! My online status says they sent me that letter on the 8th of May,and I should let them know if do not receive the letter.How long is the mailing time? I live in Toronto and my application is in Missisauga office.

Thanks again!

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Thank you so much for a prompt reply! My online status says they sent me that letter on the 8th of May,and I should let them know if do not receive the letter.How long is the mailing time? I live in Toronto and my application is in Missisauga office.

Thanks again!
See until tuesday if nothing shows up in ur mailbox try calling them on wednesday

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hi There,

Hello Shaheen. Congratulations Now you are becoming Canadian after the interview. I am 73 years old and hope to get interview which may take months to come as my AOR was issued on 9th April,2019 being Feb2019 applicant. Will you share in which month you applied for citizenship?. Thanks