+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Kistehsia

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Kistehsia said:
Thank Wintersnow for the great recommendations... Yes my husband is General Manager here in Dubai. My reason for not completely moving to Dubai is because after my severe kidney and blood poisoning in Jordan after we married I developed an autoimmune disease affecting my liver from the heavy antibiotics intravenously administer for two months. So I'm on costly treatment for life. That is why the VO referred to me as sickly old woman who can't have children. I did however get a letter of recommendation letter from my health management worker of the last three years that she wrote to Minister's Counsel. Like you the MC did not mention anything about the VO issues he had his own foish questions about my husband's ex that he seemed to be stuck on, in my opinion just looking for anything to enforce full appeal. But whatever we will speak at hearing as we have nothing to hide. And my husband has proved in many ways his genuine love for me. My MP's secretary is sending letter requesting full hearing date as soon as possible, for this I am thankful. Again thank you Winterose for your recommendations. Now I am off to po with hubby here in Dubai for a night swim. Good luck to you and your wife!

Sorry for crazy auto corrections ... That was to say Wintersnow not Winterose and po was to be pool... ☺☺☺

hoaphuong2013

Star Member
May 22, 2015
I'm so sorry to hear the news Wintersnow :(, at least you don't have to wait long for the hearing, and I'm sure you two will do well. Did they even check your chat logs, I recalled you said you sent 1500 pages. I can't believe they still question after seeing that much evidences. Did they have any question about the translation part ? You used the translate software, right ?

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Wintersnow, my husband and I also are sorry you did not get the outcome you were working for. Many people on here will take your advice to heart as Kistehsia's. We will all get through these crazy times. Stay cool everyone

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
Kistehsia said:
Thank Wintersnow for the great recommendations... Yes my husband is General Manager here in Dubai. My reason for not completely moving to Dubai is because after my severe kidney and blood poisoning in Jordan after we married I developed an autoimmune disease affecting my liver from the heavy antibiotics intravenously administer for two months. So I'm on costly treatment for life. That is why the VO referred to me as sickly old woman who can't have children. I did however get a letter of recommendation letter from my health management worker of the last three years that she wrote to Minister's Counsel. Like you the MC did not mention anything about the VO issues he had his own foish questions about my husband's ex that he seemed to be stuck on, in my opinion just looking for anything to enforce full appeal. But whatever we will speak at hearing as we have nothing to hide. And my husband has proved in many ways his genuine love for me. My MP's secretary is sending letter requesting full hearing date as soon as possible, for this I am thankful. Again thank you Winterose for your recommendations. Now I am off to po with hubby here in Dubai for a night swim. Good luck to you and your wife!
Kistehsia ... honestly, if you are not successful then there is something drastically wrong with our country. I feel sorry for all you have been through. And I really feel ashamed to be a Canadian.

BTW ... my lawyer told me a few things before the ADR. She said that if you think the minister's counsel is not being fair you can ask to stop the proceedings and have him or her replaced. It sounds like you could have done that with the person who was "interrogating" you.

Also, for any new failed VO interviews, my lawyer said that you can immediately call the Canadian government and complain about the interview. Once you do this, the government has to report this to the supervisor in the visa office you had the interview and the supervisor is supposed to discuss with the VO. She said it works sometimes.

Also ... go to the newspapers, television, etc. Your case is heartbreaking Kistehsia. It would pull a few heart strings if it were made public.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
MaryL said:
Wintersnow, my husband and I also are sorry you did not get the outcome you were working for. Many people on here will take your advice to heart as Kistehsia's. We will all get through these crazy times. Stay cool everyone
Thanks for the sentiment MaryL :)

M

mikeymyke

wintersnow said:
Well ... I had the ADR on Aug 10 and we were not successful. Like many others I have heard, the ministers counsel believed me but she still wanted to meet my wife. They just don't believe her. The good thing is we managed to schedule a full hearing for early November. The IAD member told me the Vancouver office has very little backlog.

In preparation for the ADR, I spent a lot of time with my lawyer reviewing all the facts about our case ... mostly as it pertains to me. I felt very prepared to prove I was genuinely in love with my wife. It worked because they really believed I was sincere. We were very prepared to discuss the facts in the case ... the VO's inteview, etc. But none of the points in the interview were even touched upon.

I even had some good points about why I believe my wife is not trying to trick me. But it just wasn't enough. My advice to anyone going to the ADR is to prepare to speak on your partner's behalf. Prove to them it is not possible for your wife to lie. Submit evidence from her friends and employers and anyone, especially reputable people, indicating that she is a very trustworthy and honest person. Also, prove to them that you know when someone is trying to trick you. I was fortunate to get a full hearing quickly, but many others will not. Make sure you make the most of the ADR!!
Why were they so not sure about your wife? Sorry to hear about the poor ADR result. Was your wife just simply too nervous or gave contradictory answers?

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
mikeymyke said:
Why were they so not sure about your wife? Sorry to hear about the poor ADR result. Was your wife just simply too nervous or gave contradictory answers?
Do you mean at the inital VO interview? My wife did not testify at the ADR.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
mikeymyke said:
Yes I mean at the interview
The VO was prejudiced from the beginning. There are a number of red flags in our case (age difference, short courtship, language) and he was hell-bent to prove our marriage was fake.

We had a bad translator at the interview as well. On a few occasions, there were communication issues, which the VO pounced upon. An example, we met on a dating site. He asked my wife if she went there to meet foreigners and she said she did. She has a 10 year old boy ... any men she men in China did not want anything to do with her so she started looking abroad for a husband. This is completely reasonable to me.

When asked about the web site, the translator conveyed to the VO that she went there looking for foreign and Chinese men. The VO pounced on that saying she was being inconsistent and the site is only for foreigners. He asked who she met on the site and she said she was approached by a black man from Australia and an America. She said she didn't like the black man. The translation came across as she "approached" a black man and an American and he pounced on that too saying she is contradicting herself.

It went on and on ... he even called her son a "bastard". His notes say "out of wedlock" but judging from his attitude I wouldn't doubt he was less polite. It could have been more translation errors. She was weeping.

At one point, he asked her 5 times if she was only marrying me to enter Canada. She kept saying no. He lost his patience and asked her to leave the room.

The whole interview was garbage. And the ADR was garbage because they didn't even consider the facts of the case. I thought that was what this was about ... proving the VO made a mistake.

At the ADR, the minister's counsel asked me if I was aware that women sometimes take advantage of foreign men (duh!!). I pointed out that this seemed very unlikely to me. She videos with me every day. Not because she has to but because she wants to (she initiates it). And I met over 50 friends and relatives. They all speak highly of her. They all like me. One is a manager in a bank. I have been there for a total of 4 months in 2 years. The only way she could "trick" me is if every single one of these 50 people were "in on it". She is a frickin kindergarten teacher and the member of a catholic church! Last I heard, people who take care of kids are generally reputable.

Somehow, all of this still makes our government think she is not genuine.

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
??? My head is turning upside down. I am going to have my interview next week. IAD ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
wintersnow said:
The VO was prejudiced from the beginning. There are a number of red flags in our case (age difference, short courtship, language) and he was hell-bent to prove our marriage was fake.

We had a bad translator at the interview as well. On a few occasions, there were communication issues, which the VO pounced upon. An example, we met on a dating site. He asked my wife if she went there to meet foreigners and she said she did. She has a 10 year old boy ... any men she men in China did not want anything to do with her so she started looking abroad for a husband. This is completely reasonable to me.

When asked about the web site, the translator conveyed to the VO that she went there looking for foreign and Chinese men. The VO pounced on that saying she was being inconsistent and the site is only for foreigners. He asked who she met on the site and she said she was approached by a black man from Australia and an America. She said she didn't like the black man. The translation came across as she "approached" a black man and an American and he pounced on that too saying she is contradicting herself.

It went on and on ... he even called her son a "*censored word*". His notes say "out of wedlock" but judging from his attitude I wouldn't doubt he was less polite. It could have been more translation errors. She was weeping.

At one point, he asked her 5 times if she was only marrying me to enter Canada. She kept saying no. He lost his patience and asked her to leave the room.

The whole interview was garbage. And the ADR was garbage because they didn't even consider the facts of the case. I thought that was what this was about ... proving the VO made a mistake.

At the ADR, the minister's counsel asked me if I was aware that women sometimes take advantage of foreign men (duh!!). I pointed out that this seemed very unlikely to me. She videos with me every day. Not because she has to but because she wants to (she initiates it). And I met over 50 friends and relatives. They all speak highly of her. They all like me. One is a manager in a bank. I have been there for a total of 4 months in 2 years. The only way she could "trick" me is if every single one of these 50 people were "in on it". She is a frickin kindergarten teacher and the member of a catholic church! Last I heard, people who take care of kids are generally reputable.

Somehow, all of this still makes our government think she is not genuine.
My sympathy to your story. Very rude immigration officers.

Kistehsia

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
wintersnow said:
Kistehsia ... honestly, if you are not successful then there is something drastically wrong with our country. I feel sorry for all you have been through. And I really feel ashamed to be a Canadian.

BTW ... my lawyer told me a few things before the ADR. She said that if you think the minister's counsel is not being fair you can ask to stop the proceedings and have him or her replaced. It sounds like you could have done that with the person who was "interrogating" you.

Also, for any new failed VO interviews, my lawyer said that you can immediately call the Canadian government and complain about the interview. Once you do this, the government has to report this to the supervisor in the visa office you had the interview and the supervisor is supposed to discuss with the VO. She said it works sometimes.
OMG! I am so sorry that your poor wife went through such a traumatic interview, it appears they treated her no better then a criminal convicted of a serious crime . This is so disturbing, I too am ashamed to be Canadian. Yet at one time prided myself on such. My father gave himself to this country as a Native Metis/ Cree... Served this country for many years till retirement, several tours of duty to the Middle East leaving his family for many months at a time. I to invested many years with the Government in Alberta with Native Multi service team taking in 32 infants born addicted to crack, coccain, alcohol and born to HIV moms... Did this for several years till being diagnosed with Liver issue. Have even adopted two of the little ones. Both Vietnamese mix with Native and African. Love them to bits.
Having VO question my ability to deal with different culture and race of my spouse is simply sickening as my entire family is diverse and made up of many cultures. My Grandfather immigrated from UKand married my Native Grandmother (28yrs difference in age too) she went to her grave with his ring on her finger 30yrs after his death... " he was man enough for me". All off this included in government issued genealogy from my father's military info.
I asked my Government one frickin thing!!!! Please let me live with my husband here in my own country and they refuse!!!! I give them everything they asked for and still not good enough... I am ashamed VERY ashamed!

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
ajarupan said:
??? My head is turning upside down. I am going to have my interview next week. IAD ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Don't despair! Do you have a lawyer? Many have been successful without one. My advice to you is focus on this

1) Be familiar with your history (how you met, etc.) and the reasons the VO dismissed your case. The minister's counsel may not even discuss this (as was my situation) but you must be prepared anyways.

2) Make the minister's counsel believe you. A big problem with me was she believed me, but I think she suspected I was a likely candidate to be taken advantage of. Make them believe you are convinced the relationship is genuine and that you cannot be fooled easily.

3) Be prepared to defend your partner. Find examples from what you submitted that support the claim your partner is genuine, responsible and would not take advantage of anyone. I could have said many things that prove my partner is genuine.

4) The minister's counsel will ask questions .... you must find a way to insert positive aspects of your relationship in the conversation.

5) If the counsel is being rude or otherwise unprofessional ... ask to have him/her replaced

Dawud

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
wintersnow,i am sorry about your story wish you all the best keep moving please what is difference ADR and IAD,

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
So ... you are metis. So, really ... to your grandmother, we are all immigrants !!

Like my friend says, it hasn't been the same since the Mayflower.

Don't despair, in reading the Canlii cases, it seems the full hearing is a far more objective process. I cannot imagine you will not succeed. There is just too much evidence.

The biggest problem is, up to this point, neither you or I have been judged on the facts of our case. It has always been someone's "opinion". In my case, they cannot understand why I married so quickly ... she must be tricking me. In your case, they cannot understand why your husband would marry a "sickly" woman (I really doubt you are BTW). In other cases (e.g. soblue) they cannot understand why a younger man would want to marry an older woman.

The point is, their opinion should have nothing to do with it. Many people marry for different reasons. Look at some celebrities. I mean Catherine Zeta Jones married Michael Douglas ... he is 25 years older than her and she is absolutely beautiful. It happens all the time in the real world.

Hopefully, the full hearing eliminates all of these "opinions" and just looks at the facts.