15 August 2015
Med's Done....
16 August 2015
Passport Req..
20 April 2016 (1 year after nomination)
VISA ISSUED...
19 May 2016
LANDED..........
14th June 2016 (pearson international airport, Toronto)
Hi, congratulation! We all are immigrant now. Please share your job search experience.

MaryClark

Jul 25, 2016
Hi!

We moved together with my husband and our son.
I started for job hunting even before landing.
On LinkedIn I started to network with recruiters and started to create job seeker profiles for big companies, like Bell, Rogers, Walmart, HomeDepot etc.

By the moment we got into country I already had several interviews booked. Over emails and skype I said I am not in the country because I am traveling.

They did not bring me job, but I felt confident.
I printed out my resumes and just knocked the doors of companies and offices I wanted to work for.
One day I just went into the office were secretary spoke my native language and started to chat. I asked if I can leave my resume and she just arranged me on-spot interview.

I was overqualified, way over, but I was less than a month in a country and would take any job. I was very honest about it and I got hired.
It was a sales position, outdoor, in the middle of winter. I stayed there for 2 month. I am very grateful for this experience, it was my jump start.

Never give up!

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
MaryClark said:
Hi!

We moved together with my husband and our son.
I started for job hunting even before landing.
On LinkedIn I started to network with recruiters and started to create job seeker profiles for big companies, like Bell, Rogers, Walmart, HomeDepot etc.

By the moment we got into country I already had several interviews booked. Over emails and skype I said I am not in the country because I am traveling.

They did not bring me job, but I felt confident.
I printed out my resumes and just knocked the doors of companies and offices I wanted to work for.
One day I just went into the office were secretary spoke my native language and started to chat. I asked if I can leave my resume and she just arranged me on-spot interview.

I was overqualified, way over, but I was less than a month in a country and would take any job. I was very honest about it and I got hired.
It was a sales position, outdoor, in the middle of winter. I stayed there for 2 month. I am very grateful for this experience, it was my jump start.

Never give up!
Hi thanks for sharing. What was their response when you explained that you weren't in the country- were they all happy to email/skype initially? What kind of response/feedback did you receive following interview?