+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After inland interview do they give you the verdict at that time or...

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Hello everyone.

First of all I would like to thank Robsluv from the replies I got from her. I have been here in Canada for two years waiting for my inland sponsorhip. Now I will be interviewed on the 22nd of July. From the transferring of my file to Vegrivelle-Ottawa and to my local office I don't know what to say anymore. Now my inquiry is if I will be interviewed right there and then would I know if I pass the interview? Or do we have to wait for months for the verdict. I think I am getting paranoid of waiting that I am now thinking how long would the wait would be just in case.Thanks a lot for this site.

Take care.

Kessa

madzibaba

May 20, 2009
congrats my freind..to my understanding the interview can take 2 forms , at times it s simply a legals procedure with simple questions provided you have given enough supporting info prior to the inerview...if there are looming questions if your relationship is bona fide then they may give you a serious grilling ..however this are questions that any "real" couple should be able to answer confortably.

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Thanks a lot madzibaba I hope everything will be fine. I still don't know though if I have to wait for days or months to know if we pass for the interview.

Take care.

Kessa

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kessa,
I am sorry about asking this nothing related to your post here, but I have a question that your case seemes exactly same as mine.
I read your comments somewhere in this forum that you applied inland for PR without legal status, right? My extention and restration applications were denied, and I am going to apply for PR within Canada in family class without legal status. Now I am worried about if I am subject to "an unenforced removal order"... it does say "I must leave Canada immideatly" on the paper I recieved when I was refused for restration, but it does not say anything like "removal order", so I am confused. How was yours? Do you think I still can apply for PR?

I really hope your intervew goes well and will have good news soon!
Thanks,

Mint

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Hello Mint... Don't worry you will not be subjected to that thing. Our MP called the office and asked if I have a removal order and they said No I don't have, and there is already a law with regard to that anyway. We have really the same case and now I have an interview. Proceed to your plan Mint and just be patient. For the meantime wish me luck. Don't hesitate to email me if you have questions along the way. To tell you the truth I did not even expect this earlier as I was told to wait for two years in their letter to me. I just did something and that I can share with you when you are ready with your file. Thanks and take care.

Kessa

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kessa, thank you so much for your quick response! Your comment really cheers me up!!
I had been worried about this so badly since I was refused for restration in March... but, now I feel much better. My application is almost ready but my husband needs to get some more paper work done. We will be able to send all documents in August.
Thank you for your kindness, I think I will ask you questions again when I finish my application...Anyway, good luck with your intervew!!

Mint

brazu

Jul 7, 2009
Just wondering what the law you refer too that will protect you from a removal order is? If you have no status you can be removed at any time. It doesn't matter if you have a PR application in process. I know from first hand experience. Months after put in PR application for my husband recieved a letter from CBSA to attend an interview. They put an exclusion order on him which eventually turned into a removal order. All this while an Inland Spousal Sponsorship was in process, which also involved Canadian born children. My husband has no criminal record, no medical issues, had multiple support letters from Canadian friends and family, even support from Canadian Military personal and was still removed. Have no reason for the removal order beside following proceedure. Just wanted to give you a heads up that you are not safe from a removal order just because you have an application in process.

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Hi Brazu.. what I meant by "there's a law into this" is about a person being sponsored who has no legal status and he/she can still be sponsored without being asked to leave. This is what basically happened to me. Our MP called the local office and asked if I have a removal order and they said no. I don't know what makes our case different even if our sponsorship is the same but all I know is that when they first denied my application for extension and restoration I communicated with them etc. To be honest Brazu I don't even know this removal order thing. It just did not dawn on me that I could be removed anytime just like your experienced. And I guess lots here have the same case about me and has no removal order.My only crime is not to have legal status. I followed what they want like the extension and restoration of the application.I am sorry to hear about your husband but is he really removed and if removed was he able to come back? Just wondering as others also might want to know what would happen next once removed.

Thanks and take care.

kessa

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
hi kessa,

when did you submit your inland? i submitted mine in november 2nd and i still haven't recieved an AIP. If i asked help from a MP. do i need to pay them?

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Hello Rich_mond

I submitted mine April 2008. It was transferred to Ottawa by Nov. and was transferred again to the office near me. See the timeline since I submitted it's more than a year.When it was transferred to Ottawa I wrote our MP. No payments made. They called Ottawa and verified. They told me then to wait. Then when Ottawa told me it was transferred to my place I again called my MP and they called the local office and asked if I have a removal order. They then told me that I have to wait not until fall. But, after they called I got a letter from the local office telling me to come for an interview. I am just trying to show to you that, yes,most often an MP can really help. I was advised by Robsluv actually to just try writing and visiting the MP's office. They will just ask you some questions.

Take care I hope this helps.

Kessa

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kessa, I just wonder if you have got your legal status back sicne you submitted your application long time ago, or still no status? I understood what you meant by "there's a law into this", but it does not really make sense to me that they would give you a removal order even if your application was in process, then why do they allow us to apply for PR without legal status... There should be reasons to be romoved other than being no status, but brazu's case seems you always have a chance to be removed just because you have no status.
Well... I just try and see what will happen.

Mint

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
Hi Mint.. No I don't have legal status up to now. I can't work nor study because I have to wait for my visa if ever. Just proceed Mint ok. I will email you a very important thing I did before submitting the application.

Thanks and take care.

Kessa

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
kessa said:
Hi Mint.. No I don't have legal status up to now. I can't work nor study because I have to wait for my visa if ever. Just proceed Mint ok. I will email you a very important thing I did before submitting the application.

Thanks and take care.

Kessa
Are you on Visitor Visa? or how did you come to Canada initially?
Just be strong, if you have not done anything illegally you will be fine.

rusbear

Jul 11, 2009
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kessa,
You know, it seams to me that I have the same situation with my status. My visitor visa extantion was refused. Than I applyed for PR (inland) and for restoration at the same time.
You said you did not get you visa back yet. Did you apply again for restoration? When did you submit? I thought to get visitor status in 3-3,5 months (before fist stage approval). Is it possible? What do you think?

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
rusbear said:
Hi Kessa,
You know, it seams to me that I have the same situation with my status. My visitor visa extantion was refused. Than I applyed for PR (inland) and for restoration at the same time.
You said you did not get you visa back yet. Did you apply again for restoration? When did you submit? I thought to get visitor status in 3-3,5 months (before fist stage approval). Is it possible? What do you think?
Hi Rusbear,
I don't have legal status as my extension and restoration was refused.They will only approve the restoration when your reasons on it is very convincing I think. But it is also one reason why you can't be ordered removed because of that. Don't worry as long as it is filed already all you are going to do is wait and be patient. I was told by our MP to gather all new evidence again for the interview. It means while you are waiting there must be new pictures or whatever it is you deem important for them to see that the relationship is genuine.

Thanks and take care.

Kessa