Apr 5, 2011
Boracay, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone

What is a AOM or Advisory on Marriage.
CIC requested this from the NSO

Before we sent in the NSO Marriage certificate. (She's married and separated from her spouse and we are applying common law)

They also want her dependent daughters birth certificate from NSO. We gave the birth certificate from the civil registrar. Her daughter is not registered with the NSO
Not sure why. Will that be difficult getting her daughter a NSO birth certificate?

Thanks everyone!

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
hi Boracay, AOM is the counterpart of CENOMAR (Certificate of no marriage) . request a CENOMAR frm NSO And if they find that u r married they will give you an AOM. it is different from NSO marriage certificate. it is included in the philippines country specific instructions checklist.

as to her daughter's birth certificate. that shld have been registered in the NSO. its the duty of civil registrar to submit the birth certficate to NSO. have u checked with NSO to make sure they don't have records? you could actually chat with NSO customer services at this site,and request AOM and other NSO docs here and they'l be delivered to you : http://nso.citizenservices.com.ph/

gracelo

Jan 2, 2014
Hi guys,

Happy New Year!
I would like to ask your opinion on my situation.
I'm a married Filipina however my ex-husband left me a few months after the marriage.
Now, I'm in an almost 3-year relationship with a Canadian and he was able to visit me once only because of financial hurdles.
We are looking for ways for me to get there but my status is our problem.

Here are the options we're thinking of:
1. We were advised by a consultancy to apply for conjugal sponsorship but there's a slim chance on that I think (correct me if I'm wrong).
-He is currently out of work and is waiting for employment.
-He doesn't have his own place yet.
2. I have a work offer to UK and once in UK, I'm planning to apply for a visitor's visa. I'm a nurse and is planning to apply for CRNBC in case. If I'll apply for CRNBC, most probably, they'll require me to take the SEC exam so I'll use it as my reason for TRV.
-Can I apply for multiple entry TRV with that reason by the way?
3. An agency in the Philippines offered working visa for nurses to Canada but applying for LMO alone takes time and the agency is asking for a certain sum of money, which we are short of currently.

If I will take the second option, can we get married in Canada and apply for sponsorship there? His friends are saying that we could use the absence of divorce in the Philippines so I could marry him there.

Please help! I really appreciate every input I can get. Thank you! :)