+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advise please

Samz2112

Jan 8, 2014
If i am entering canada to settle for good with 2 yrs + few months left on my pr since landing date but have visited canada more than once before, should i declare my personal valuable items at customs wihout any issue? For example my jewelry and watch and leather handbags- what would be the right thing to do? Im told when you come settle for good you can bring all your valuables and get them in without paying taxes on them.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Samz2112 said:
If i am entering canada to settle for good with 2 yrs + few months left on my pr since landing date but have visited canada more than once before, should i declare my personal valuable items at customs wihout any issue? For example my jewelry and watch and leather handbags- what would be the right thing to do? Im told when you come settle for good you can bring all your valuables and get them in without paying taxes on them.
If you have any un-accompanied goods, sent by cargo shipment, you should get it declared and stamped by CBSA while arriving, on B4 forms. If you have a large quantity of jewelry you can declare it up on arrival at CBSA. Other items like a watch, laptop, Camera, dress etc are allowed as personal items. Reasonable personal belongings, which is allowed by the baggage rules of the airline is passed without any problem. You need to fill up the declaration form served in the air plane before landing.