+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice regarding Visa Restoration - Urgent

derbeast

Star Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hi all,

I am applying for residency FSW /AEO and wanted to stay in Canada during the interim period but yesterday I received notice that my request for visitors visa extension was denied. I called the helpline today and the official read my file and told me that it said the reason it was rejected was because I had "met the requirements of my stay in Canada" and therefore there was no longer any reason for me to be in Canada. The agent said if I wanted to apply for restoration status I could do so but would need a new reason to put in the application if they were to consider it. (My reason was I wanted to stay in Canada during the interim period and was staying at a meditation centre).

1. Would it be any disadvantage to my PR application if I was to apply for a restoration of temporary status? Does this look bad on my record if this is refused?

2. I am thinking of seeking employment now (as a IT worker) and could resend this information as a new reason to stay? I have already been granted a 6 month visitors visa on the grounds of seeking employment so perhaps it is unlikely that they would grant me a second one on this basis since I did not find employment within that period?

3. If they did restore my status, the visa date would still be issued from the date I first requested it on (i.e. October 21st) ? If this is true then all this application for visa restoration would accomplish would be to buy me time to find employment here.

Many thanks,

D