+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice from Accountants

|l|R|l|

May 6, 2018
Dears,

Me and my wife will be applying soon for the PR , she'll be the main applicant .
I hold a 4 year Accounting Bachelor ( Evaluated by WES ) but no experience at all , my current NOC is 2282.
I'm not part of any Accounting Body.
No CA , CPA , ACCA , Etc.

Needed to clear few concerns from Accountants who immigrated already.

- What's the best way to solidify my profile & get a junior level accounting job ?
- Do I have to take ACAF once I land to get any entry - intermediate level job until I improve myself?
- Or is it better go ahead with CPA PEP directly ? Will employers care that I'm currently preparing for my CPA ?

Thanks in advance

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Assuming you are landing in Ontario, CPA Ontario has some programs with local colleges where you can complete the ACAF while doing an accounting diploma/certificate in such colleges. I would look into that if you do not have any accounting qualification. I believe once ACAF is completed the route to CPA is much shorter. ACAF in itself is quite new so not sure employers really value it. Yes employees will value that you are preparing for CPA but it really depends on which stage you are at.

|l|R|l|

May 6, 2018
BC4life Thanks for your prompt reply.

Indeed I'll land in Ontario.
I do have an Accounting Bachelor already , but 0 experience.
Basically all ACAF's curriculum was cleared during my 4 years Bachelor already , unless they don't exempt all of them after evaluation, then I might take it.
There's still some confusion because as you said it's new and not much feedback is available online.

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Did you have your bachelor degree in Canada? If not then for most employers it does not mean much, and you would lose on jobs against people who only have a two years accounting or business administration diploma from a college in Canada.

In any case I would recommend you to get in touch with CPA Ontario to obtain assistance in regard to ACAF application or whether there is a direct pathway for you to CPA. But since ACAF was launched it seems CPA Ontario is pushing for new accountants to go that route first prior to moving to CPA.

jolofugi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
BC4life Thanks for your prompt reply.

Indeed I'll land in Ontario.
I do have an Accounting Bachelor already , but 0 experience.
Basically all ACAF's curriculum was cleared during my 4 years Bachelor already , unless they don't exempt all of them after evaluation, then I might take it.
There's still some confusion because as you said it's new and not much feedback is available online.
Hi, where are you from? I'm currently taking the ACAF and I'm from the Philippines (currently in the Philippines too)

Fmbaba

Apr 20, 2019
Hello experienced guys. Pls does my Acca and other professional qualification count as added points if I want to apply to WES for express entry.