+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Add spouse to EE application: have to let know cic within how many days of weddi

Vijay12345

Nov 13, 2015
Hi,

I need to add my spouse to my existing EE application that's in process(post e-APR). I just need to know how many days maximum I can wait after the date of marriage before informing CIC of my marital status change? It's already been a month since I got married. Is it too late?

The reason why I have waited because my wife has applied for passport so I thought I would update CIC once our documents are ready rather than updating them immediately in which case they will give us only 30 days.

Can someone please guide?

Thanks

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vijay12345 said:
Hi,

I need to add my spouse to my existing EE application that's in process(post e-APR). I just need to know how many days maximum I can wait after the date of marriage before informing CIC of my marital status change? It's already been a month since I got married. Is it too late?

The reason why I have waited because my wife has applied for passport so I thought I would update CIC once our documents are ready rather than updating them immediately in which case they will give us only 30 days.

Thanks
CIC always inform people to let them know immediately of their status change.. Just open your ITA and you will know what they have written. Anyways Just send a CSE and explain them the reason of delay . If you are still waiting for the passport send CSE and tell them the reason of delay which you stated in your post. Also tell them that "since it could take more time and I was worried of delay in informing CIC. I am attaching the documents approval with the dates of applied passport etc etc . attach any documentation and let it go as soon as possible !!! )

Good luck

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Vijay12345 said:
Hi,

Thanks
Please also send them the marriage certificate - they will ask for it sooner or later. Maybe you can quote that as a reason too - if it indeed took a couple of days to procure