+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adaptibility Points - Education level of spouse (not accompanying)

kdparmar

Jan 13, 2008
Dear All,

Please clarify following doubts...

Q1: If I mention that my wife will not accompanying me to Canada and I am not paying her processing fee, am I eligible to get 5 points under adaptability factor for master degree of my wife?

Q2: I submitted my applicable in 2002 immediate after new rules. Then I have not updated my application since it has been submitted. I understand (also it is mentioned in guideline) that applicant should not contact visa office frequently to update his application except change of comminication address and visa office will ask applicant to update application if they are ready to assess file. Am I right?

Q3: If I dont take IELTS test and I submit various documents for claiming points in language proficiency for English, will visa office award me full points (4+4+4+4=16) for English language.

kdparmar

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Q1: Your spouse has to accompany you to get the points.

Q2: If you have a material change to your family status, you must update your application immediately. Updating your application is not the same thing as contacting them repeatedly to ask questions. If you have new information, you should provide it.

Q3: If you didn't grow up in a country where English or French were the primary language, and/or your primary and secondary schooling was not conducted in English or French, you're going to have to take a language test - IELTS or TEF. They're not going to accept any other documents as proof of your language ability.

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
Thaiguy is right and without IELTS even though if you show them some other documentaion proof for your Language abilty then you not able get maximum points you can get morderate points 2+2+2+2= 8 for High you have to go for Test ,