+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACICS Degree Holder, in trouble...

baigmirza490

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
I got Master's Degree in 2015 from ACICS recognized university. WES evaluation says that they do not recognize education from ACICS. Does it mean I won't get any points for Master's Degree?
What should I do? Can I get it from other agencies

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The school needs to be recognized in order for you to get the points. If the school isn't recognized by WES or another official assessment organization - you won't get the point. Yes - you can certainly try another assessment organization. Having said that, if WES doesn't recognize your school, generally speaking the others won't either.

mbovb006

Sep 18, 2017
I am going through the same situation. I got denied by WES as well. I just tried IQAS and they said the same. But at least they are offering a refund - WES just kept the money without an explanation.

I am at a loss. I do not know what to do about it anymore. I have extensive talks with my university and the Department of Education in the US. What i find odd, is that ACICS is here in Canada too. And the entire purpose of the accreditation check is to confirm that the degree has the same standards as they do here in Canada. This seems like a huge oversight. Not only that, these accreditation institutions claim the US ONLY does regional accreditation. Which the Dept of Education will tell you is absolutely not true.

Any ideas?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am going through the same situation. I got denied by WES as well. I just tried IQAS and they said the same. But at least they are offering a refund - WES just kept the money without an explanation.

I am at a loss. I do not know what to do about it anymore. I have extensive talks with my university and the Department of Education in the US. What i find odd, is that ACICS is here in Canada too. And the entire purpose of the accreditation check is to confirm that the degree has the same standards as they do here in Canada. This seems like a huge oversight. Not only that, these accreditation institutions claim the US ONLY does regional accreditation. Which the Dept of Education will tell you is absolutely not true.

Any ideas?
A quick Google search shows that the US Department of Education no longer recognizes ACICS.

You can try the other assessment organizations but as scylla already said, if WES doesn't recognize it, neither will any of the others.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
A quick Google search shows that the US Department of Education no longer recognizes ACICS.

You can try the other assessment organizations but as scylla already said, if WES doesn't recognize it, neither will any of the others.
Yes - agreed. I believe US accreditation was lost early this year or late last year as a result of compliance, quality, rule abuse issues. I don't think there's any hope WES or any other agency will recognize. If I remember correctly, students actually petitioned for ACICS to no longer be recognized because they felt that ACICS schools were sub-standard.

Yet another reasons why one should stay far away from for-profit colleges / universities...

mbovb006

Sep 18, 2017

I've spoken

Like I said, I have had many conversations with Dept of Education and ACICS.

"A quick Google search shows that the US Department of Education no longer recognizes ACICS."

That is actually incorrect. A recent court battle over a long list of grievances that have been filed against ACICS and the lack of follow through on their part with the Dept of Educations guidelines prompted an unprecedented revocation of their recognized accreditation. However, If you have received a degree with an ACICS accreditation before 2016, your degree is accredited. However, this is also where the classification and validity of the degree comes into question. Because a ACICS degree could be unrecognized by a third party if they choose to do so. It depends on the party and there rules. Which gives these accreditation institutions here in Canada a lot more power in saying 'no'. The other part that is incorrect is that they have never recognized ACICS. Which as I stated, seems like a massive oversight considering it has operated legally here in Canada for years prior.

The issue with the Dept of Education is, that this ruling, has massive implications to all alumni of these schools. They have provided no assurances and verifications of those degrees. They've essentially voided them to a lot of parties. The most they will state, sounds like a participation trophy. Not a degree from a university.

But even without these massive complications, these institutions like WES and IQAS never recognized ACICS. They've never heard of it when you ask. Again, seems like a mistake on their part. A lack of proper education of US education credentials.

daksh514

Oct 31, 2017
I got Master's Degree in 2015 from ACICS recognized university. WES evaluation says that they do not recognize education from ACICS. Does it mean I won't get any points for Master's Degree?
What should I do? Can I get it from other agencies
hello!!
May I know the school name from which u graduated?

daksh514

Oct 31, 2017

Any ideas?
what is your university name?

Vkrm

Nov 25, 2017
Hi,
I am also in the same situation. I have graduated in Masters from ACICS accredited university in Dec 2008. But i have initially did my first semester in good accredited university before transferring my credits to ACICS university.

In WES, i was able to find my first university from the list of colleges/universities.

Can i atleast claim points for my first semester by sending transcripts for accredited university to WES along with ACICS university transcripts?