+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accuracy of CBSA report ?

frankwhyte22

May 1, 2016
I think it is stupid for CIC to expect applicants to remember all their travel dates (esp to the US). E.g Sometimes I drive to the US for shopping and come back same day..sometimes I stay a day and most times these trips were not planned . I sometimes drive to drop and pick friends up at BUF airport. How many of these trips can one remember?

In this day and age, there should be a portal online where you can put your details (surname, DOB, etc) same parameters CIC would use to pull your entry/exist records to help an applicant determine if they are eligible to apply for citizenship...a portal that tells an application how many days absence based on entry/exist records. This will save CIC and everyone a lot of headache and reduce the god like status of these CIC officers.

Asking people to keep travel logs is like being in the 60s and sends a message that unless you are a citizen, you are not truly free to travel in and out of Canada unless you keep a travel log. Even if your travel log is 100% accurate and CIC entry/exist is not, they will still deny you because how in God's name can you prove your travel log is correct or accurate. I have seen both reports from CBSA and the US Customs and both reports were missing dates and the US I90 report put me in the states for 6 months at a time...LOL..these are the same reports that CIC officers believe to be true and used to determine the result of a citizenship application.

There are technologies that could be leveraged out there but CIC will not because they want to keep their god like status where they can choose which applicant to approve or not based on race.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
dpenabill said:
Reminders:

After all, there is only one person who will be held accountable for any errors or omissions. And that individual has no real excuse for any error or omission, since that individual was there each and every time the applicant crossed the border.
How about this for an excuse? "CIC/IRCC never told me to keep precise track of my travel dates when I became a PR. In fact, they told me to estimate them. So, estimation and thus some level of inaccuracy must be acceptable as long as I make a good faith effort to be accurate and complete."

Seriously, these border records are not acknowledged to be complete or entirely accurate by either CBSA or CBP, but generally speaking people will expect them to be and thus there is a certain pressure to make one's declared absences match the records, regardless of the truth--because nobody will really question them without other evidence. That of course would be misrepresentation, but the pressure is nonetheless real.

One caution: In the rare instances that US CBP does exit inspections (and yes they do occasionally do that) and they scan your docs, an exit might look like an entrance on the records (especially if there is no corresponding CBSA entry record).

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had a few trips missing in the CBSA report. And for most of them I didn't have stamps in my passport either.

What's more interesting, one of those trips was also missing in US I-94 records (https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html).
That trip was, however, in FOIA records ( https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/home ).

I declared all the trips, even those that were missing in the CBSA report.