+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accidentally worked illegally but was still granted PGWP after flagpolling - how should I declare this for PR?

Ryy

Dec 21, 2020
Due to confusion about what I was and wasnt able to do work wise after finishing my degree, I accidentally worked without status for a ~3 month period in 2018. I flagpolled once my PGWP was denied (because of incorrect paperwork leading me to effectively submit a day late, it was speaking to a lawyer about this that I realized that I had worked without status), was granted a PGWP regardless of this and have since worked nearly 2 years full time with full status and a permit.

I'm currently in the process of applying for express entry and am trying to work out how best to declare this. Should I split the time into the 3 months working without status and then the remaining time working with? Would declaring that I worked without status in canada invalidate my application? Should I just declare the full time and pray that I can get enough points to meet the requirements even without those 2 years of work?

Once I reach the actual application stage, I intend to write a letter giving the full details of my situation, how I dealt with it (immediately contacted workplace who put me on unpaid leave until I could confirm status) and how very sorry I am etc, but I'm worried about accidentally misrepresenting my work experience, effectively screwing myself before I can even make my case