+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Acceptable Reason for "Spouse Not Accompanying"

rollo

Apr 26, 2019
  1. I am the principal applicant of my application. I've recently submitted my EE profile and expecting to be selected in the upcoming draw. In my EE profile I've chosen "spouse not accompanying" as she is pregnant. Would CIC accept pregnancy as an acceptable reason for choosing "spouse not accompanying"?
  2. I know that CIC requires principal applicants and spouse/dependents to undergo medical, and since my wife is in her first trimester, I wouldn't risk having her x-ray taken. Will CIC put my application on hold for that long (~8 months)?
  3. Should I withdraw my EE profile and submit a new one choosing spouse as "accompanying"? Do withdrawn applications have any impact on your future applications?
I would greatly appreciate your responses.

Thank you.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Yes.
2 - Yes.
3 - That is up for you to decide, a withdrawn application has no impact on future applications.

rollo

Apr 26, 2019
1 - Yes.
2 - Yes.
3 - That is up for you to decide, a withdrawn application has no impact on future applications.
Thank you for your quick reply. If CIC will hold my application until baby's delivery, then don't you think the reason "spouse not accompanying due to pregnancy" will become invalid?