Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-03-2018
That s****. However , the guy at the counter told me that that i can take my passport back around 23th in case i still plan to travel while the processing is going on. When I come back after EId vacation, I can submit my passport again. I dont need to pay anything. Not a bad thing to do
Thats interesting. But the question is can VFS actually pull out unstamped/unprocessed passports from the Embassy? if they can I will definitely ask for my passports back so i can complete my residence visa formalities.

Reactions: riva.vikram

riva.vikram

Jul 27, 2017
I hate to break this to you, but there is a very slim chance that you would get your passport back before Eid, especially looking at the recent trends. There seems to be no way to fast track this or even approach the Embassy for an update, so the only thing you can do is wait. I have also submitted my passport a couple of days back and we would be extremely lucky if we were to get our passports back anytime soon. If I were in your place, I would surely not make any plans to go abroad for Eid, to spare myself the agony of having to cancel all those plans at the last moment. Let's hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.
thanks buddy..but like i mentioned in my earlier post..its not a bad idea to take your passport back and go for your vacation..come back and have it stamped..I will be doing the same if they dont stamp it before 25th. I will come back on 4th and then submit my passport again ..I am not in a hurry to get the COPR since i am not travelling to canada anytime soon

riva.vikram

Jul 27, 2017
Thats interesting. But the question is can VFS actually pull out unstamped/processed passports from the Embassy? if they can I will definitely ask for my passports back so i can complete my residence visa formalities.
yes they can. I asked the guy at counter no. 2 ..three times to be sure :DD

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
did you submit already ?? i would have strongly advised against it if you were planning to travel on eid

i submitted on 30th july, still have no idea when i will get my passport.. if i have no news by tomorrow then will have to indefinitely postpone all my travels including vacation...
my credibility at work is taking a serious hit becoz of this.... urgh
Is it possible that we might not recieve our passports before eid??? Seriously??

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
That s****. However , the guy at the counter told me that that i can take my passport back around 23th in case i still plan to travel while the processing is going on. When I come back after EId vacation, I can submit my passport again. I dont need to pay anything. Not a bad thing to do
Based on my experience i asked them if i can retrieve my passport, they said no you have to wait till the end of the process. Plz let me know if that's going to work for u.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mate i hate to break this to you - but i dont think there is anything called " taking passport back while processing is going on"
i think processing has already been completed, its just that passport have to be stamped.

if i understand correctly - you can take passport back (like in an emergency situation) however i dont think your processing will keep going on, it will be on hold till you resubmit it... and if it crosses the 30 day deadline with london VO gave us... then God help us... i dont want to take a chance

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it possible that we might not recieve our passports before eid??? Seriously??
yes, that seems like a very real possibility to me...
the problem is no one is accountable... you cant call embassy, email takes 30 days to answer, VFS is useless, CSE takes another 40 days to reply... if your application is stuck somewhere - you are NOT going anywhere...

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
yes, that seems like a very real possibility to me...
the problem is no one is accountable... you cant call embassy, email takes 30 days to answer, VFS is useless, CSE takes another 40 days to reply... if your application is stuck somewhere - you are NOT going anywhere...
I checked their website they might be off from 31st of august and return on 4th of september

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
yes they can. I asked the guy at counter no. 2 ..three times to be sure :DD
I just called VFS and asked again.. if it's a PR visa there is no way to retrieve the passport watsoever. This is only possible for other temporary visa types.. i think the guy who said that mixed things up... very frustrating!! Clearly, waiting is the only thing we can all do!!

Reactions: Hushus

riva.vikram

Jul 27, 2017
mate i hate to break this to you - but i dont think there is anything called " taking passport back while processing is going on"
i think processing has already been completed, its just that passport have to be stamped.

if i understand correctly - you can take passport back (like in an emergency situation) however i dont think your processing will keep going on, it will be on hold till you resubmit it... and if it crosses the 30 day deadline with london VO gave us... then God help us... i dont want to take a chance
Yes - i understand the anxiety. I am sailing on the same boat too. In my case , my 30 day deadline ends on 10th September. And I will be back on 4th. So worst case I will take my passport back and resubmit on 5th. It will still be within my 30 days window.

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have heard that for the first time. It seems highly unlikely that you would be able to retrieve your passport from VFS while the processing is going on. However, just in case you are able to retrieve yours then please do let us know.

riva.vikram

Jul 27, 2017
I just called VFS and asked again.. if it's a PR visa there is no way to retrieve the passport watsoever. This is only possible for other temporary visa types.. i think the guy who said that mixed things up... very frustrating!! Clearly, waiting is the only thing we can all do!!
WTF...so may be he gave me the wrong info!!! I will call them now and check too...Mann i heard , confirmed and reconfirmed and rereconfirmed at the counter

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
WTF...so may be he gave me the wrong info!!! I will call them now and check too...Mann i heard , confirmed and reconfirmed and rereconfirmed at the counter

Yes by the way.. in the beginning she said yes you can retrieve it and there is a form to fill but then i re-asked so this is also ok for pr?? She said no that only applies to other types of visa!!!

riva.vikram

Jul 27, 2017
Yes by the way.. in the beginning she said yes you can retrieve it and there is a form to fill but then i re-asked so this is also ok for pr?? She said no that only applies to other types of visa!!!
Lovely!! ..the guy at the counter gave me wrong info..I was submitting my passport at his counter for stamping...!! Nice to be back to the ground!! I will be cancelling my travel.. :D