+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

about proof of funds when landing

iulb

Mar 9, 2009
Dear friends

I'm planning to land in canada as soon as i receive my visa. but i do not intend to stay coz i have to get back to the middle east for my job contract and i intend to return to canada in two years after landing.

my question is : can i prove my funds by a bank statement from a bank in the middle east ?? i.e. without taking my money with me in cash or bank draft or anyting that may cost me without benefit as i do not intend to stay there . is this acceptable when landing ? ofcourse i have a good cash of money to support my self while being there .

Thanks in advance for your answer.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
I saw ur query on trackitt as well.

PERFECTLY ALRIGHT. Just take the M/E bank statement showing the amnt. Also inform the CBSA/IO that u do not intend to stay there now & shall return in few months. Thus, u do not need to fill out the PR card / SIN card apps also now.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
But if no PR card is obtained how will he travel back?
And that too after 2 years? Travel Documents ?

COCOSTING

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
London
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How much do you have to show in our bank account while landing even though you do not intend to stay there at that moment but want to return at a later date.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
COCOSTING said:
How much do you have to show in our bank account while landing even though you do not intend to stay there at that moment but want to return at a later date.
Full Amount. Else, u may not be allowed to complete ur formalities. There r chances that the CBSA officer may not ask for it at all. But that is just a chance. Can u take that risk?

sharma77

Aug 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2009
AOR Received.
28-05-2009
File Transfer...
02-06-2009
Med's Done....
07-08-2009
Passport Req..
08-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2009
LANDED..........
yeh on 19 june,2010 canada is amazing
qorax said:
I saw ur query on trackitt as well.

PERFECTLY ALRIGHT. Just take the M/E bank statement showing the amnt. Also inform the CBSA/IO that u do not intend to stay there now & shall return in few months. Thus, u do not need to fill out the PR card / SIN card apps also now.
how can u refuse to take pr card after landing?????? i m surprised by this info. plz quote the sourse capt. dutta?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sharma77 said:
how can u refuse to take pr card after landing?????? i m surprised by this info. plz quote the sourse capt. dutta?
Dear Dr. Sharma,

Oh... Oh, there r plenty of cases when a landed immigrant (now called the permanent resident) needs to return back, without waiting for 30-45 days in Canada, due to his preoccupation.

In such a scenario he cannot get his PR card, as the PR card processing times can be anything from 30-60 days. The PR card, officially, should take 4-6 weeks, but can be longer due to admin reasons. Plz see >> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#pr_card

So, how do we come back? This has been touched many times over in this very forum. For one such, plz see user "Leon's" post at >> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/processing-time-of-pr-card-t27927.0.html

Returning to Canada without a PR Card:
The process in such cases is that one needs to apply for a 'PRTD-A31 (3)' (Temp. PR Travel Document) at the local CHC. It costs CAD 50. Details of it is provided at the 'Manual for Permanent Resident Card' (ENF 27). Plz see section 5.2. 'General conditions for persons applying for a card' page 12 & 13. Which can also be found at >> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf27-eng.pdf

/Quote/ ...However, in cases where travel plans do not allow for the processing of a PR card on an expedited basis, clients have the alternative of applying at a visa office abroad for a temporary travel document issued under A31(3), prior to their return. This procedure requires a fee payment of $50, as well as a determination of their permanent resident status (see OP 10, section 7). Visa offices maintain a high-quality service standard for the issuance of PRTDs, and seek to facilitate the return travel of legitimate permanent residents to Canada, wherever possible. /Unquote/

I hope that helps.

Regards.
Ps: Before shooting it might do good, my friend to check all angles first.

COCOSTING

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
London
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are they making is so complicated to create more jobs or for someother mystery reason, My God not sure why we have forgotten the beauty and power of keeping it simple.

Mr Qorax, would you please let me know what the "full amount" is, thank you.

sweetberry

Star Member
Nov 7, 2009
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
sharma77 said:
Dear Dr. Sharma,

Oh... Oh, there r plenty of cases when a landed immigrant (now called the permanent resident) needs to return back, without waiting for 30-45 days in Canada, due to his preoccupation.

In such a scenario he cannot get his PR card, as the PR card processing times can be anything from 30-60 days. The PR card, officially, should take 4-6 weeks, but can be longer due to admin reasons. Plz see >> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#pr_card

So, how do we come back? This has been touched many times over in this very forum. For one such, plz see user "Leon's" post at >> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/processing-time-of-pr-card-t27927.0.html

Returning to Canada without a PR Card:
The process in such cases is that one needs to apply for a 'PRTD-A31 (3)' (Temp. PR Travel Document) at the local CHC. It costs CAD 50. Details of it is provided at the 'Manual for Permanent Resident Card' (ENF 27). Plz see section 5.2. 'General conditions for persons applying for a card' page 12 & 13. Which can also be found at >> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf27-eng.pdf

/Quote/ ...However, in cases where travel plans do not allow for the processing of a PR card on an expedited basis, clients have the alternative of applying at a visa office abroad for a temporary travel document issued under A31(3), prior to their return. This procedure requires a fee payment of $50, as well as a determination of their permanent resident status (see OP 10, section 7). Visa offices maintain a high-quality service standard for the issuance of PRTDs, and seek to facilitate the return travel of legitimate permanent residents to Canada, wherever possible. /Unquote/

I hope that helps.

Regards.
Ps: Before shooting it might do good, my friend to check all angles first.
Thats indeed a grt info... Tx a bunch!!

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Just match going to Canada with your Yearly Leaves and get the PR card and then come back. Dont take risks.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
devilhimselff said:
Just match going to Canada with your Yearly Leaves and get the PR card and then come back. Dont take risks.
This is a nice point of view. It's always good to obtain the PR & SIN Card and then return back to ur preoccupation. Thus, if possible match ur Earned Leave to stay for 2 months in Canada.

However, there r many cases (here on this forum too), when ppl just couldn't take leave and/or due to personal family reasons couldn't land until the very last day of Visa Expiry. So, this kind of sits can happen with anyone, anytime.

There is one option though. Not legal, but a 'can do' & 'many do' sit. U may give the address of a friend or a rented 'UPS Box' address. Let them collect ur PR Card & mail it to U. Remember, mailing PR Card is illegal. I'm aware that UPS has a service of box rentals & at an additional fee they also send its contents to ur out-stn mailing address. Note, its contents, not the PR Card. As the PR Card will be in an envelope, it maybe viewed as a mail envelope. Unofficially this type of 're-mail' is happenning.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
COCOSTING said:
Are they making is so complicated to create more jobs or for someother mystery reason, My God not sure why we have forgotten the beauty and power of keeping it simple. Mr Qorax, would you please let me know what the "full amount" is, thank you.
Brother,

Even if u stay there for 1 day & even if u r going alone (while the family comes later), U'll still have to show the 'full amount'. That's the law. There might be chances that the CBSA/IO just don't ask, but that's plain luck. I'm sure u already know the 'full amount', here's it any way:
Funds Required
CAD
-$ 10,833 (1, Self only)
-$ 13,486 (2 Family Members)
-$ 16,580 (3 Family Members)
-$ 20,130 (4 Family Members)
-$ 22,831 (5 Family Members
-$ 25,749 (6 Family Members)
-$ 28,668 (7 or More Family Members)

Regards.

acctskumar

Dec 7, 2009
DUBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2007
Doc's Request.
20-03-2009
IELTS Request
21-7-2009
HOW LONG WE HAVE KEEP funds at bank

Dear friends

i had sent the bank statment for required amount to the immigration dept, how long i have keep this balance in the bank account. still the approval of residence?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Mmm another option is to take the family and leave em there and come back IF YOU MUST. They can collect the PR card and come back.
BUT I read somewhere on the CIC site that they send the letter that says you can collect your PR card from the nearest so and so office, and it has to be collected personally. I can't find the link though check CIC site.

COCOSTING

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
London
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just one more question guys, how old can the bank statement be from the date you are landing ?