+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About police certificate - Canada

vanes89

Oct 31, 2018
Hi all,
I have a question about Canadian criminal record when apply Express Entry under CEC category. Previously, i had worked in Canada for two years and i apply CEC inland. At that time, CIC required me to submit police certificate from my home country. Several days later, they also required criminal record check in Canada. I can easily get the criminal record check at that since i still stayed inside Canada. However, my EE has been refused due to some errors. Thus, i am planning to reapply. However, this time, i leave Canada and stay in my home country and will apply with CEC outland. So my question is, will i need to do criminal record check for RCMP again. I check this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html which says that they will ask if they need. Could you please share your experiences about this? I want to know clearly such that i can prepare them since it's quite difficult to get them if i don't stay in Canada.
Thanks