+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

“Decision made & passport requested”: Can I assume a '+ decision' & resign job?

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
Hi all,

I submitted my work permit application on 10.02.2016 (from Japan). After 2 days, I was requested to submit biometrics and I did so. Then, I was asked to submit the police clearance certificates from two countries on 29.03.2017. After a week, I was able to submit the both certificates via online.

Today, I received a letter stating that "A decision has been made on your application" (But, it was not mentioned whether the decision is positive or negative). However, the CIC has requested me to send my passport.
I would like to know, whether the decision on my visa application would be positive or not, as I will have to resign my current position and prepare for the traveling from Japan to Canada. If my visa will be refused (in case), then I do NOT want to resign the current position.

To receive the passport, it would take a minimum of 10 days, and my prospective employer in Canada is in hurry to have me in the University, and hence I would like to speed-up the resigning and traveling procedures if I know about my visa status confidently.
Please advise me, whether I could believe that the decision would be positive; or should I wait until I receive my passport before submitting my resignation letter to the current employer.

Thank you for your suggestions, in advance.
-Uma

paul234

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-05-17
Med's Request
03-05-17
Interview........
03-05-17
Passport Req..
...waiting...
Hey, passport request is made for stamping of visa, which means the decision is positive, and your work permit has been granted. Don't see why else they need the passport.

abhi141989

May 9, 2012
Visa Office......
Online (SOWP)
App. Filed.......
04-02-2017
File Transfer...
04-02-2017
Med's Request
03-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-05-2017 (Non eMedical) ; Passed on 09-05-2017
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
uma1982suthan said:
Hi all,

I submitted my work permit application on 10.02.2016 (from Japan). After 2 days, I was requested to submit biometrics and I did so. Then, I was asked to submit the police clearance certificates from two countries on 29.03.2017. After a week, I was able to submit the both certificates via online.

Today, I received a letter stating that "A decision has been made on your application" (But, it was not mentioned whether the decision is positive or negative). However, the CIC has requested me to send my passport.
I would like to know, whether the decision on my visa application would be positive or not, as I will have to resign my current position and prepare for the traveling from Japan to Canada. If my visa will be refused (in case), then I do NOT want to resign the current position.

To receive the passport, it would take a minimum of 10 days, and my prospective employer in Canada is in hurry to have me in the University, and hence I would like to speed-up the resigning and traveling procedures if I know about my visa status confidently.
Please advise me, whether I could believe that the decision would be positive; or should I wait until I receive my passport before submitting my resignation letter to the current employer.

Thank you for your suggestions, in advance.
-Uma
Hey,

Did you receive a letter like pasted below? If yes, Congratulations!

Dear Your Name,

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements

• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.

Thanks,
Abhi

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
paul234 said:
Hey, passport request is made for stamping of visa, which means the decision is positive, and your work permit has been granted. Don't see why else they need the passport.

Thank you paul234; I will step into the process of resigning the current position.

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
abhi141989 said:
Did you receive a letter like pasted below? If yes, Congratulations!
Hi Abhi,

Yes; My letter appeared as it is. Then, I will proceed to the downstream processes. Thanks again.
-Uma