+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Young Professional Visa Expires...

ukilla

Jun 6, 2013
Hi everyone,
It is the first time that i get into this web page and for sure, most of you have had different situations talking about Work Permits.
I will appreciate a lot if you can help me or give me more information than the CIC.
I am a spanish working in Montreal with a Young Professional Visa.
My visa expires 2nd february 2014 and my employer want to keep me for a long time.
I am going to apply for a new work permit, due that Permanent resident takes a lot of time.
The question is: it is for sure that my employer need to apply for the LMO???
Pleaseeeeeeee....I am very worried about that and there are so many people telling me different things.
Thankssss a lot a i will appreciate any information.
Good luck!!!! :-*

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - the employer MUST obtain an approved LMO if you want to keep working.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Indeed, if he wants you to stay your employer will have to apply for a LMO. With that you can
apply for a new work permit.
However, you might also be eligible for an IEC Working Holiday visa.
This years quota is already been taken but you might be lucky to get a WHP visa when the
2014 program opens.

More information on the WHP here: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/spain-espagne/experience_canada_experience/working_holiday-vacances_travail.aspx

As a Spanish citizen you can participate twice in the IEC program, under different categories. So if the young professional
visa is your first IEC visa, then the WHP would be another option to think about.

ukilla

Jun 6, 2013
Thanks a lot!!! this is my second WHV, so i can not apply again for another.
I am a contractor with my enterprise and i am not sure that the LMO will be approve...
Anyone here being contractor in a company????