+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Young family wanting to make the move from Manchester UK to Canada

Jan 30, 2013
Hi there,

hoping you guys can help. Me and my partner are thinking of moving temporarily/permanently over to Canada but not sure where to start. We both have bachelor degrees, mine is in English and History and my partners is in Criminology. We are 27 & 28 and initially are thinking about using the working holiday visa. We also have a 9 year old little girl. We were thinking working holiday visa as it would mean no need to have a job offer first. Applications open for this on 1/2/13- so very soon!!

Anyone that has done this with or without family and has any ideas? Would be great to get an idea of what has worked and how easy or not it is to do.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
A working holiday visa is certainly one way to go. In many ways it's likely the easiest way to gain temporary access to Canada since you don't need a job offer from an employer in Canada to qualify. You should be aware that your daughter will be classified as a foreign student. This means there's a good chance she will have to pay foreign student fees to attend school. Whether you are asked to pay a fee varies from school to school. So unfortunately no one here can predict if you will have to pay or not (chances are you probably will). You should budget $12K to $14K CAD in case you have to pay.

Jan 30, 2013
Thank you I hadnt considered her being classed as a foreign student so thanks for the heads up! this is certainly something we will have to take into consideration.......better get my thinking cap on!! :D