+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

x

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question regarding Spousal Sponsorship in Canada Class.
It's not a typical arranged marriage situation. I was introduced to my wife (studying in Ontario at that time) by my parents in 2022. We started talking and decided to get married in September 2023, when we visited each other in Ontario.

She already had a flight booked to India to visit her family. I also went to India in January 2024. So there was a big engagement ceremony, a reception ceremony but a minimal wedding ceremony (at a temple which is very close to both of us without "Agni) as we both didn't have all the time to arrange everything. (she is a student and I didn't get a prolonged leave from work)
I have a lot of photos from all the ceremonies, but I was reading through a lot of comments on various forums saying that if the VO finds that the wedding was not done according to the standard norms of India then they will reject the application. I want to make sure that I apply with the best way to make sure that the officer looking into my file finds it 100% genuine.

How should I proceed with a spousal sponsorship application under these circumstances?

At the moment she is in Ontario and I am in Saskatchewan, we are planning to live together as soon as she finishes her studies (I have a lease agreement under our name starting April 2024).
It may be best to search for others that have gone through this from your country. Here's one example:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/search/27258758/?q=Spousal+sponsorship+wedding+in+India&t=post&c[child_nodes]=1&c[nodes][0]=5&o=relevance

Good luck!