Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2013
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
I just want your opinion guys. In our marriage certificate, we put the wrong place of birth for my husband. Does this matter in our spousal visa application? I am in the philippines (my husband is sponsoring me to come to canada), and it probably takes months to process the correction in NSO. I need your expert advice. Should we go ahead and file our application and then just correct the wrong place of birth some time during the process? Or should we wait 3-4 months, correct the entry before filing our application? I was hoping maybe we could just go ahead with the application and just send the corrected document to Manila visa office at a later date once it's done. PLEASE HELP GUYS! THANKS!

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shadowpetit said:
I just want your opinion guys. In our marriage certificate, we put the wrong place of birth for my husband. Does this matter in our spousal visa application? I am in the philippines (my husband is sponsoring me to come to canada), and it probably takes months to process the correction in NSO. I need your expert advice. Should we go ahead and file our application and then just correct the wrong place of birth some time during the process? Or should we wait 3-4 months, correct the entry before filing our application? I was hoping maybe we could just go ahead with the application and just send the corrected document to Manila visa office at a later date once it's done. PLEASE HELP GUYS! THANKS!
Or maybe wait for the correction first before filing the application? Okay lang madelay ng konti yun pag pasa nyo ng application instead na sa pag processing ng papers nyo ma delay because of some confusions. And also maybe you could talk someone in nso and make some story about needing that correction asap?

Or its totally up to you, pass it now then wait for the correction and update cem when you have a file number. Hth

shadowpetit

Apr 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2013
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
Do you think it's okay to include a note in our application saying that "we are currently processing the correction of my husband's place of birth in our marriage certificate and we'll be sending the corrected document once it's done". Do you think it's okay? Thanks for your reply.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shadowpetit said:
Do you think it's okay to include a note in our application saying that "we are currently processing the correction of my husband's place of birth in our marriage certificate and we'll be sending the corrected document once it's done". Do you think it's okay? Thanks for your reply.
Yup! Actually thats a good idea. Maybe you could attach a note in your marriage contract that your also waiting for ammendment of your marriage cert w/ regards to POB of your husband.. Cheers! :)

shadowpetit

Apr 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2013
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
17-05-2013
Anyone else has any advice regarding this? I don't know how long it will take to get the document corrected so I don't want to delay submitting our application. Is it totally okay to note that the document is currently being amended and will just submit at a later date? Will that hurt our application? Or maybe I should just submit my marriage certificate without a note, and "hope" that they don't notice the wrong POB. lol, maybe it's not such a big deal.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shadowpetit said:
Or maybe I should just submit my marriage certificate without a note, and "hope" that they don't notice the wrong POB. lol, maybe it's not such a big deal.
:) sabi nga nila better safe than sorry! :) nakakainis kaya kapag within processing ka na saka ka na dedelay dahil sa mali or kulang na document na ipinasa. Just my two cents! :)

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
The info on your marriage certificate may not be required until your application goes to Manila. So I would submit the certificate as it is with an attached note to it saying the amended certificate has been requested and should be available for you to send by the time your application gets to Manila.

mommony

Aug 13, 2020
I have the same issue as well but different story.
Im Cambodian -Canadian who got his citizenship young. No birth certificate because of Status Refugee when I immigrate to Canada.
Born in a refugee camp in Khao I Dang, Thailand.
I had stayed in Cambodia since October 2018 til May 2020.
Made a Cambodian National ID and got my name onto my uncle's family book which indicate Cambodia as my place of birth, because I dont have a birth certificate.
The local authority requires me to have an attestation that proves that my civil single status. However, I thought that it wouldnt be possible to prove my single status in Canada.
so, I managed to get the marriage certificate, but the place of birth was based on the Cambodian national ID as instead my passport.

I would like to sponsor my wife. Do you think I should place a note on the marriage certificate telling there was an error on the place of birth and have the intention to change it soon? What should I say on the note ? or should I make another marriage certificate with my actual place of birth as indicated on my passport? However, I would need to go back to Cambodia and the local authority to sign the document with my finger print.

Thanks