+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong photo on COPR- just a month for expiration- Please advice!!!

MsMS

Jul 11, 2014
HI
My 3 year old daughter was sponsored outland for PR. The rest of us (parents and brother) are PRs already. Finally got her immigration visa and COPR yesterday but 2 strange problems!!
a) The immigration visa is only valid till Aug 24-2014. So just over a month to move to Canada.
b) Worse, on her COPR the photo affixed is her 7 year old brother's photo, not hers!

Any advice? Is this something that can be taken care of (as a clerical error) when my daughter goes to the Canadian border for her PR?

Will write to NDVO immediately but I am concerned if the COPR correction can be done in Delhi before the 24 Aug when the visa expires. Else all their warning of re-doing the complete process again. Any help much appreciated.

-MsMS

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Re: Wrong photo on COPR- just a month for expiration- Advice!!!

definitely contact the visa office with an urgent inquiry. As for the expiration date, it may be based on the date her medical was completed. The visa office has the ability to extend that date, and you can request a new date for the new one that issued. Whether they comply, is up to them.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
MsMS said:
HI
My 3 year old daughter was sponsored outland for PR. The rest of us (parents and brother) are PRs already. Finally got her immigration visa and COPR yesterday but 2 strange problems!!
a) The immigration visa is only valid till Aug 24-2014. So just over a month to move to Canada.
b) Worse, on her COPR the photo affixed is her 7 year old brother's photo, not hers!

Any advice? Is this something that can be taken care of (as a clerical error) when my daughter goes to the Canadian border for her PR?

Will write to NDVO immediately but I am concerned if the COPR correction can be done in Delhi before the 24 Aug when the visa expires. Else all their warning of re-doing the complete process again. Any help much appreciated.

-MsMS
What Rhcohen said is correct. I would also add, that you are not obligated to 'move' to Canada by that date, you are only obligated to 'land' in Canada by that date. If you need more time to complete a full move you can do that after you officially 'land'.

Best of luck to you.