+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong NOC selection under new policy- what generally happens?

rogertoland

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Canada
Hi,

Just to add to my original question
- What can happen, generally speaking, if we are choosing a NOC in our PR application (for the new program for temporary foreign worker with experience in essential jobs) but that's not the right one but all other possible NOC's are also okay for PR purposes (every possible one are in the Annex, it's just that every one have different opinion which NOC would be the right)- Will the immigration officer can request or recommend the NOC during the application stage?

- I am currently laid from that job due to the Ontario shutdown and thus the employer can't issue a work experience letter, they are a major corporation- they do have an employment verification method through a credit agency (Equifax)- will that work

Original question

I am working as a Donation Attendant and it's been very difficult to fix on a single NOC

- this has been my job title in all my pay slips in a major thrift retail store (been working there for the past 3 years) I am having a hard time on fixing my NOC on a single code. The other part of this story is that I worked as a Cashier as well as in other miscellaneous roles almost half of my working time there.

These are the possible codes short listed but none of them really match the job description of my role (JD pasted below)

6622 Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers
6623 Other sales related occupations
6421 Retail salespersons (very less chance)
7452 Material handlers (though mostly a factory role, there some elements similar and after deep research, in Quebec something similar is there)

Basically Donation attendant is the person collecting donations from donors and customers when they come to the store, sort, roll, arrange and stack it, price it and keep the stuff on the floor.

Can anyone please help me determine the NOC for this job based on the description below:

Essential Duties & Responsibilities

• Acknowledges and greats donors in a friendly, welcoming manner; assists customers with donated merchandise, including unloading donations from vehicle, thanks the donor on behalf of the Non-Profit Partner.
  • Treat donated items respectfully and tactfully turns away product that we do not accept and offers alternative donation location information
  • Communicates the company's Non-Profit Partnership
  • Maintains the On Site Donations receiving area and register-area inclusive of preparation for the store opening and closing per defined set up criteria, ensures cleanliness, communicates daily donor counts / conditions requiring attention.
  • Ensures management team member verifies all On Site Donations s labeled cartage and reports any discrepancies.
  • Regularly meets processing targets as assigned by production manager (PM); works PM to improve donations.