+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong name on Work Permit

Aug 20, 2021
Hi Everyone. I received my PGWP and my last name was printed wrong on it. I filled out the amendment form and sent it back to Ottawa. Now my question is while I wait for my new permit to arrive, can I apply for TRV? Or I need to have the permit updated in my hand before applying?

Secondly, will the document number change on my permit after its amended?

Kirat1

Jan 10, 2022
Hi Everyone. I received my PGWP and my last name was printed wrong on it. I filled out the amendment form and sent it back to Ottawa. Now my question is while I wait for my new permit to arrive, can I apply for TRV? Or I need to have the permit updated in my hand before applying?

Secondly, will the document number change on my permit after its amended?
Hey
I am in a same situation
Will you please share me your experience about what you did and how?

Shaan Dhami

Jan 24, 2022
Hi There,

The same thing happened to me. They switched my first name and last name on my work permit.

My work permit was issued in Jan 2021 and I filled out an application for amendment right away. I haven't received any update since but in my CIC account my application status for work permit changed from approved to submitted recently (I guess they just started processing now).

I did apply for a TRV and received it in August 2021. The name on my TRV came out just fine.

I believe all I got to do is to update my permit once the name is corrected.

One of my friend also went throught the same process and got his name fixed on the work permit. He mentioned that UCI and file number all remains same. But I can only confirm once I receive mine.

Thanks