+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong IMM 5533 Version?

Alex.P

May 14, 2018
Hello,
I finally got an email after two months of submitting the documents for my wife's visa, and I got a really vague email that sent me into a full-blown panic attack because I have 14 days to send them the corrected documents but there's no way they'll make it there in time.

I double checked what's apparently missing, and I can't figure out what the first thing on the list is.

On the list of missing documents, it says ''Incorrect type/version of checklist submitted for application (06/2018) ''

I've searched for the newest version of IMM3355 and it seems to be the same version that I sent them. Did I miss something?

Thank you!!!

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Ps, shipping courier could have it there in less then a week, abd once you have it sent, you can send them mail with the tracking number as proof that it has been shipped The are very understanding if documents are a bit late, as long as you inform them beforehand.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
You said imm3355. Did you mean imm5533? This is the documents checklist. Maybe you are missing a supporting document? Or a signature. On the schedule a form, you ask you to type the name. BUT ALSO sign it by hand

Last edited:

Lizcarl

Apr 29, 2019
How did you download the form? I tried thru my cellphone and laptop but it always tells me about the adobe reader. So i installed the new adobe reader and even used the computer at my work office but to no avail. Can anyone help me, please? I couldn’t seem to download any form from from cic.

This what pops up after clicking the form

Please wait...
If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document.
You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.
For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.
Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
How did you download the form? I tried thru my cellphone and laptop but it always tells me about the adobe reader. So i installed the new adobe reader and even used the computer at my work office but to no avail. Can anyone help me, please? I couldn’t seem to download any form from from cic.

This what pops up after clicking the form

Please wait...
If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document.
You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.
For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.
Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Yeah, it does this most of the time!

If you are trying to open a PDF form via your web browser and via the link in the CIC website. On some or all forms you may get a message along the lines of:

Please wait......

If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document etc. etc. etc. This is a common problem with the browser and adobe plugin combination and is easily overcome, all you have to do is to download the PDF and open locally on your PC. To do this, make sure you have a local copy of Adobe Acrobat installed on your PC, then:

• Click anywhere on the document and a drop down menu bar should appear.
  • Click on the 'Save As' button (the button on the extreme right of the menu bar).
  • Select a location on your local computer to save the PDF
  • Close the browser
  • Open the saved copy of the PDF on your computer (double click on it or open Adobe PDF Reader first then open it).
Should work fine and allow you to enter data and save locally.

Lizcarl

Apr 29, 2019
Yeah, it does this most of the time!

If you are trying to open a PDF form via your web browser and via the link in the CIC website. On some or all forms you may get a message along the lines of:

Please wait......

If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document etc. etc. etc. This is a common problem with the browser and adobe plugin combination and is easily overcome, all you have to do is to download the PDF and open locally on your PC. To do this, make sure you have a local copy of Adobe Acrobat installed on your PC, then:

• Click anywhere on the document and a drop down menu bar should appear.
  • Click on the 'Save As' button (the button on the extreme right of the menu bar).
  • Select a location on your local computer to save the PDF
  • Close the browser
  • Open the saved copy of the PDF on your computer (double click on it or open Adobe PDF Reader first then open it).
Should work fine and allow you to enter data and save locally.

Thanks! I will try that.