+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong Country of Birth (COB) on PR Card ECOPR

sj7762

Jan 7, 2023
Hi,

I received my PR card yesterday and realized that both my ECOPR and PR card have my COB as 'India'. I am an Indian citizen with Indian passport born in UAE. The Place of birth on my ECOPR is correct but the COB in both places is wrong. I spoke to the IRCC agent this morning and she told me to raise an amendment request which can take upto 26 weeks. I have two questions now:

1) Can I travel while my amendment request is in process with my current PR Card? I asked the IRCC agent and she told yes, has anyone done anything similar?
2) Can I get the above details changed quicker if I go to a POE?

Moonalsh

Feb 17, 2024
Hello @sj7762 ,

I am in the same situation now.
Could you please share the updates from your side?

Have you managed to fix this? And how?
Have you able to get your SIN number using the eCoPR?

Snehperm

Jun 27, 2023
Hi,

I received my PR card yesterday and realized that both my ECOPR and PR card have my COB as 'India'. I am an Indian citizen with Indian passport born in UAE. The Place of birth on my ECOPR is correct but the COB in both places is wrong. I spoke to the IRCC agent this morning and she told me to raise an amendment request which can take upto 26 weeks. I have two questions now:

1) Can I travel while my amendment request is in process with my current PR Card? I asked the IRCC agent and she told yes, has anyone done anything similar?

s.Amandeep20

Oct 12, 2023
Hi,

did they fix the problem, if yes then how many months they take to fix it