+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Written authorization Timeline

MDHI

May 20, 2020
Hi all, can everyone applied for written authorization share their timeline?
I'm on work permit and my spouse has valid TRV, we applied for written authorization for her on June 23rd, 2021 and still waiting
How long does it take to hear back from IRCC?

Ezhilsdb4u

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
I'm on work permit and my spouse has valid TRV, we applied for written authorization for her on June 23rd, 2021 and still waiting
Same case for me.. I applied on June 28th.. Please let me know once you receive.

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
I applied on June 24th and received a response on 6th july and its not approved. Since its a refusal I may have received it beofre the 14days timeline.

MDHI

May 20, 2020
I applied on June 24th and received a response on 6th july and its not approved. Since its a refusal I may have received it beofre the 14days timeline.
Try to work on the refusal reason and apply again. hopefully you will get it approved

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
only if they mention why they r refusing we can understand. i did metional the emotion support and all that. i applied again. lets see. waiting still

Sledge

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
VISIT
You will need to submit an ATIP request in order to see the visa officer's actual notes on their refusal of your application. The refusal letter is generic and not helpful at all. I did this with my girlfriend's first TRV refusal and was able to address all the deficiencies the visa officer wrote down. Without those notes, I don't know if I would have known the exact reasons for the refusal.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do
"To be eligible to make a request under the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act, you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently present in Canada."

You will need to have a friend or family member currently residing in Canada as a citizen or PR do this for you.

Ezhilsdb4u

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
I applied 1st time on June 28.. no response, waited for more than 14 days... Raised another on July 15.. no response till date and finally sent E-mail last week.. lets see.. :( :(

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
Anyone here receiving authorization letters. I am waiting for more than a month and not received any response. If anyone is on TRV in Canada and applied for their immediate family members authorization, just want to know if there is any hope from IRCC processing the requests. Please update. Thank you. Waiting for more than 7 months here for my spouse to join me. The wait has no end point.

Treeaom

Nov 18, 2020
Why do you need Authorization letter now.. Canada is now open to all visitors
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, foreign nationals who don't qualify as fully vaccinated will only be allowed to enter in specific circumstances...There's no qualified vaccine available in my country...so...still subject to the restriction.