+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Writing 7 to 7.5

shergill12

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Melbourne
Well after 7 IELTS attempts, I finally manged to score 7 in Writing just to find out it's not enough! Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this particular scenario? It took me 7 test to move from 6.5 to 7 already!

I'm just wondering if anybody been in similar boat and would like to suggest something? Paying for test in not an issue but time is!

SR_T

Aug 9, 2019
461 is a good score. Just hang in there. I gave my 3rd test today. If I manage a 7, I too will be in your 461 gang with CLB 9. What changes did you make to cross that 6.5 line?

Rashidali

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Well after 7 IELTS attempts, I finally manged to score 7 in Writing just to find out it's not enough! Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this particular scenario? It took me 7 test to move from 6.5 to 7 already!

I'm just wondering if anybody been in similar boat and would like to suggest something? Paying for test in not an issue but time is!
how abt reading and listening tips?

shergill12

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Melbourne
461 is a good score. Just hang in there. I gave my 3rd test today. If I manage a 7, I too will be in your 461 gang with CLB 9. What changes did you make to cross that 6.5 line?
how abt reading and listening tips?
I just worked on basics, for ex: more practise on how to link sentences. Which linking sentences I can use and where! Also I strengthened my essay structure, made a basic format for each essay type so that I can tackle it easy later on during test. These formats help me achieve which and where to use linking words etc. My essay was lacking in these two parts mainly.

About Reading and Listening tips, I never had a score less than 8.5 in both sections. I would recommend to find where you struggle to score and try to improve that area! For example: I hate giving titles to paragraph in reading section, was never confident enough! So I started to solve one of that part only daily :)

Rashidali

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
I just worked on basics, for ex: more practise on how to link sentences. Which linking sentences I can use and where! Also I strengthened my essay structure, made a basic format for each essay type so that I can tackle it easy later on during test. These formats help me achieve which and where to use linking words etc. My essay was lacking in these two parts mainly.

About Reading and Listening tips, I never had a score less than 8.5 in both sections. I would recommend to find where you struggle to score and try to improve that area! For example: I hate giving titles to paragraph in reading section, was never confident enough! So I started to solve one of that part only daily :)
For Wring can you share the structure?

Mcqs are the worst part in listening for me how do you cope up with that even with reading ?

SR_T

Aug 9, 2019

Thanks for sharing. I wish you all the best for ITA.

Reactions: shergill12

ZNF

Nov 8, 2019

Hi Sherjil,

can share the study material with me my email is nida.zehrafatima@gmail.com

shergill12

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Melbourne
For Wring can you share the structure?

Mcqs are the worst part in listening for me how do you cope up with that even with reading ?
I made rough notes and flow charts sort of things which included lot or self made short-forms etc etc, you'll struggle to get anything out of it bro. I never had a issue doing MCQs so not sure how I can help you with that.