+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP VISA Declined..... Can anyone please advise

dipu26

Oct 28, 2010
Hi All,

I have seen lot many people interacting and suggest way out for the problems. Thanks to everyone who is contributing and helping.

My case is a bit different at the moment. My Canadian WP VISA has been declined few days back.

This is what happened :

I am a 6yrs exp guy in IT Networking field having more than 4 yrs of exp in Citrix.

Few weeks back I went through various technical interviews and cleared everything which got me the offer letter from a company in Canada.

I submitted all the relevant documents( a bunch of around 350-400 pages as proof of all the documents which they need or may need for a skilled or professional worker which also includes letter from new employer citing that I am a new employee, bank statements for the last 6 months, exp letter, representative form, educational certifications and lot many docs) to the Canadian Embassy through Carlson guys with which the new company has already got tie ups and everytime these people only carry all the docs and passports to Canadian VFS Centre to get the WP VISA processing done.

Looking at my docs submitted, I never imagined in my dreams that my WP VISA would be refused in anyway, as I also had a work experience of more than 9 months in UK as well.

On the first, the canadian Immigration Team returned back with few queries like why would you take this position leaving your current employer, what will your wife do during these days, how did you get the job, whether your current employee knows about this etc etc, to which our company lawyer replied with a cover letter as well that they are responsible for everything or any further queriee and I resubmitted the passport via Carlson guys.

After few days, my WP VISA was declined where it has been mentioned, "Purpose of travelling to Canada doesn't make sense. Concerns over letter of Invitation"........ What the hell...........

It felt like a purely personal grudge for refusing which I never had. I am neither a criminal nor provided any wrong set of docs for the same. Couldn't even find any document which could create confusions or which didn't properly mention my new employer details or their relevant docs for hiring me.

Can anyone please let me know or advise if they have gone through same kind of scenario or know anything as such.

P:S: Our lawyer is also working on this, but if could anyone guide me before that or suggest a better way, that would be much appreciated.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's a tough call mate however I would want to say maybe because IT profession is no longer on the priority list of the government, visa offices have been instructed to be tougher on candidates applying for visa via IT profession. My 2cents though.

prof456

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
barsindoo said:
It's a tough call mate however I would want to say maybe because IT profession is no longer on the priority list of the government, visa offices have been instructed to be tougher on candidates applying for visa via IT profession. My 2cents though.
Probable but not necessarily.

@OP, even though you have a job offer, you still have to prove that the offer is genuine and you have strong ties to your country and you intend to return to your country when your WP expires. The initial response/query from the Canadian Consulate alludes to that point. Perhaps your responses were not convincing enough that the offer was genuine and you did not have other motives.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why not reapply again with same documents? Since WP is valid it can be done, with new visa officer and you have chance.

dipu26

Oct 28, 2010
@ Barsindoo

Hope this is not the case and something good happens out of this. Fingers crossed!

@ Prof456

Actually I wouldn't have been concerned if the WP had been refused citing the same reason for the rest as well, but the same situation was approved for more than 25 other people in last few days as NuAge Technologies has also hired many people from India in the last few years who are currently working in Canada and it's a fast growing IT outsourcing company there.

It's only me where the Immigration Officer was doubtful about the genuineness of this situation, that I couldn't understand. It was like a personal decision to say Yes or No depennding on the mood on that particular day :mad:

@ Explorer101

Thanks for the suggestion and probably that's what we are going to do and try my luck again ;)

Thank You all for all your help and suggestions.