+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP renewal while FSW2 PR process !!!! please help!!!!!

ELAR

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
April 28, 2010
File Transfer...
In process at Buffalo: Aug 17, 2010
Med's Request
Oct 27, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
Hi everyone,

I'm looking forward for my WP renewal as my current one will expire in Jan 2011. I have submitted my PR application as FSW 2 (permanent job offer from my current employer) and I'm waiting for AOR from Buffalo. As I've noticed Buffalo is ssssslow, so it's almost a fact that my current WP will expire before getting the PR visa. I'm a NAFTA worker, so LMO will not be an issue for WP renewal. However,

I was looking at the NAFTA guidelines and found the following extract:

3.7 How long can a work permit be issued and can it be extended?

Initial work permits can be granted for durations of up to three years. .

Extensions can also be issued in increments of up to three years with no limit on the number of
extensions providing the individual continues to comply with the requirements for professionals.

Officers must be satisfied that the employment is still “temporary” and that the applicant is not
using NAFTA entry as a means of circumventing normal immigration procedures

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/fw/fw01-eng.pdf page 151

This underline lane bring me some thoughts.

My question is,

Does this means that my current PR process will affect my future WP extension? (As CIC is now aware that I was offered to remain working permanently within Canada instead of "temporarily" through my FSW2 file) What do you guys think???

Thanks in advance and looking for hearing from you...

chafn

Mar 22, 2010
Hello Elar!

There is no need to worry. You can apply for an extension of your WP while waiting for your PR to process. When you send documents for WP extension, make sure that you include an offer letter again fr your current employer. We had to do the same thing. My husband and I applied for extension of WP while waiting for our PR.