+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP processing delayed- BCguy plz advise

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I applied my WP renewal in early sep09 and I got letter from CIC in mid Nov for delayed processing (16 weeks) without mentioning any reason in the letter ? My work permit is expiring in this dec end. This is my 2nd time renewal. First time renewal was approved without any issue ? I am IT profession.

Please advice why this process is getting dealyed ? I applied for Manitoba province prg in mar 09. Is this can be reason ?
Also How many days I can stay after expiry of my WP?
How many days I can leave in canada after in case of refusal ?

Thanks for your help.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I checked with CIC call center and they "your application is selelected for further processing for Quality Assurance". What does it mean?

Thanks for your. PMM, Bcguy, Job_seeker - please help.. Thanks.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your application has been selected to receive a little extra love and attention from the gov't. This is similar to how people are randomly selected for more comprehensive searches at the airport.

They will do a special review of your application and documentation and may interview you.

tim50 said:
Hi,

I checked with CIC call center and they "your application is selelected for further processing for Quality Assurance". What does it mean?

Thanks for your. PMM, Bcguy, Job_seeker - please help.. Thanks.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
tim50 said:
Hi,
I applied my WP renewal in early sep09 and I got letter from CIC in mid Nov for delayed processing (16 weeks) without mentioning any reason in the letter ? My work permit is expiring in this dec end. This is my 2nd time renewal. First time renewal was approved without any issue ? I am IT profession.

Please advice why this process is getting dealyed ? I applied for Manitoba province prg in mar 09. Is this can be reason ?
Also How many days I can stay after expiry of my WP?
How many days I can leave in canada after in case of refusal ?

Thanks for your help.
Is your temporary resident visa (TRV) co-terminus with your work permit? I don't think having an application for M-PNP have anything to do with your work permit being delayed. In another forum, a member, also in the IT field, had a longer processing time for his work permit but he has his WP now. You have submitted your application for renewal of your work permit before its expiration so I think you're on implied status until you hear from CPC. If you received a refusal after the expiration of your WP but within 90 days, you can file for a restoration of status.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply.
I had TRV but expired one year ago. I got 6 month visa and 6 month WP at airport. I extended my WP for on yr from jan09 to dec09. This is my 2nd renewal. I don't understand what is mean by Quality Assurance ? Is this related to any medical or backgroud check or documnetation reverificvation. I am bit worried, what to do. Also what is mean by restoration of status ? what they ask in interview if rrquired?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
tim50 said:
Thanks for your reply.
I had TRV but expired one year ago. I got 6 month visa and 6 month WP at airport. I extended my WP for on yr from jan09 to dec09. This is my 2nd renewal. I don't understand what is mean by Quality Assurance ? Is this related to any medical or backgroud check or documnetation reverificvation. I am bit worried, what to do. Also what is mean by restoration of status ? what they ask in interview if rrquired?
You did not renew you TRV when you renewed your WP? Anyway, for restoration of status:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5553E4.asp

I don't know what they ask during the interview. But as long as your work is what it says on your duties and responsibilities, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I don't know if you are the same Tim from the other forum. Have you personally contacted the other forum member?

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes. Same Tim in other forum too. I didn't ask personally to other guy. So its 4 month gone since I applied. Need to wait for another 2 months. I don't think it is LMO issue. As first time my WP approved in 70 days. Its taking time in 2nd time.

Eslu

Sep 11, 2009
Please any one... How could i contact BC GUY... it is very important that I send him a message.Thank you

Sue

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Eslu said:
Please any one... How could i contact BC GUY... it is very important that I send him a message.Thank you

Sue
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/BCguy-u14092.html

Click: Send this member a personal message.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its around 5 months now but no news about my WP approval. No call, no interview etc.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
tim50 said:
Its around 5 months now but no news about my WP approval. No call, no interview etc.
You're applying for the same employer, so are you in implied status? Have you tried calling up CIC again? It's been a month since they said you've been selected for "quality assurance"; they may already have updates on your file. BTW, you're in IT? What job type?

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah. I will call to CIC again. a letter i recd in first week of nov says, do not enquiry for next 16 weeks of this letter date. 16 will ne over by first week of march. Yes, I am in IT (Software developer). this fields does not requires LMO. also many of my collegues getting WP in 80 to 100 days. some of them applied after me and got the permits.