+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP extension inside canada

nithinthomas

Sep 28, 2023
I have applied for WP extension on 28th May 2023 and still haven't got any updates as of yet. My current permit will expire on 30th Sept 2023. Does anyone got any response who applied around this time?

AC-IDer

Mar 3, 2019
IRCC received my BOWP app on May 17 and biometrics were done on June 1. My current WP expires Oct 31. It is over the processing times but I have not heard from them either.

AC-IDer

Mar 3, 2019
I was able to talk with IRCC and they said they are revising May applications, and that they have about a week before they go over the estimated times. They also said we could travel abroad but would not recommend it unless is for a serious emergency. Also, avoid flagpoling as it is risky (leave as a WP and come back with a visitor status, meaning you cannot work legaly).

nithinthomas

Sep 28, 2023
I was able to talk with IRCC and they said they are revising May applications, and that they have about a week before they go over the estimated times. They also said we could travel abroad but would not recommend it unless is for a serious emergency. Also, avoid flagpoling as it is risky (leave as a WP and come back with a visitor status, meaning you cannot work legaly).
how did you contact IRCC? Was it through webform?

nithinthomas

Sep 28, 2023
Update: I checked my IRCC account and my application has changed to Approved Status.

Timeline SOWP extension inside canada:
Applied: May 26, 2023
Received Biometric Correspondence letter: October 03, 2023
Application approved: 04 October, 2023